No announcement yet.

TR6 check on central NJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is overspray on the gas tank (meant bottom of spare tire well) from the rear end damage repair. The floors and frame have been rattle-can black sprayed, somewhat randomly. The inner wheels and rear trailing arms are filthy.
    In fact, the entire underside looks like a garage was hired to do the repairs and they only did what was necessary- no clean up on the surrounding areas.- just keep it running, no love shown.
    The rear accident damage devalues the car- makes it non-original. That sure looks like corrosion on the deck. The repaint wasn't very good- a very mediocre job.

I'll raise my original estimate by the cost of the overdrive, if it works properly.
    Let the seller list it on BAT, there are plenty of suckers over there.
    If you still like it, make your offer and walk away. It's not real bad, but not so great, either. Slightly above average.

Have you looked at the offerings at The Roadster Factory classifieds?- plenty to chose from at reasonable prices.
    Last edited by SapphireBlue72; 03-12-2021, 12:32 PM.
    Walt
    CC80954U '72 TR6 original condition/sold 16.500.
    poolboy rebuilt the Z-S Carbs. Philstr6 rebuilt both rear hubs.

Comment

Thanks SB...the under carriage is disappointing and this most likely why they avoided getting me the photos the first time I asked. Where do I find the Roadster Factory Classifieds? Is it on the 6-Pack site? I guess I can google search it too!

Comment

• SapphireBlue72
        SapphireBlue72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the PM.
        Good luck with the new one you are on the trail of.
        The search is a lot of fun, and costs nothing.

• SapphireBlue72
        SapphireBlue72 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you end up acquiring a TR6 you would benefit greatly from a membership to 6-PACK- help support this website, and magazine.

Walt, where is the picture of the gas tank? What makes you think there was a rear end collision? I'm all ears to learn how you figured that out.

I see original floor boards that have 40 years of grime and someone took a rag to them to show the red oxide.

The soft top may, MAY be original as evident by the size of the side windows.

The respray is definitely not the best.

First pic with leaf springs is an MGB.
      1972 Sapphire TR6 #CC84,something

1973 Harvest Yellow MGB V8

Comment

• skootch13
        skootch13 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok, trunk floor. Got it. And I didn't catch the "body and paint work around rear." I thought you saw some evidence of a wreck. I'm sticking with original floorboards with grime on them though. lol. Thanks for getting back.

• skootch13
        skootch13 commented
        Editing a comment
        I just took a more measured look. i see the spray bomb done to the underside on the frame. A shame really.

• SapphireBlue72
        SapphireBlue72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Aaron, for your communication. Sorry about confusing the gas tank with the spare tire well underside. I have been working on my Mom's old '71 M-B 280SE- trying to bring it back to life- & on that car the gas tank is where the TR6 spare tire well is located; thus my mistake. Age could be a factor, too. (lol).

Found another 6 described as having a show quality restoration several years ago. Exterior looked great, interior good, but under the footwell carpets not quite to the level of the obvious parts of the car. I asked for some closeups and this is what I got back 2 days later with the explanation that a little elbow grease scrubbed the floor pans clean. Looks to me like a fresh coat of makeup ( read: paint), brushed over the blemishes? Opinions, compadres?
      Last edited by Bleumouton; 03-14-2021, 12:02 PM.

Comment

seller is not being forthright
        1972 Sapphire TR6 #CC84,something

1973 Harvest Yellow MGB V8

Comment

that's hilarious. blowing the first photo up clearly shows rust on the washers around the floor bolts. next pic...as you say makeup. keep lookin
          So much rust, so little time

64 TR4 Overdrive Surrey
          68 TR250 Soon to have Overdrive & Surrey
          71 TR6 Hardtop Soon to have OD
          81 TR8 Injected Automatic...the LAST Automatic

Comment

Originally posted by Bleumouton View Post
            Found another 6 described as having a show quality restoration several years ago. Exterior looked great, interior good, but under the footwell carpets not quite to the level of the obvious parts of the car. I asked for some closeups and this is what I got back 2 days later with the explanation that a little elbow grease scrubbed the floor pans clean. Looks to me like a fresh coat of makeup ( read: paint), brushed over the blemishes? Opinions, compadres?
            Show quality.
            If you are showing it to Stevie Wonder.
            Maybe...
            I'm really not that interesting...

Comment

TR6 check on central NJ

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,411   Posts: 489,282   Members: 14,548   Active Members: 616
            Welcome to our newest member, KazvosaBouth.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X