Apparently you get a better deal on craigslist than ebay

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ws...264861110.html

Leave a comment:

• TRdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Very good Tush!! It has been awhile

• tr250
    replied
    Nope The white 69 I was talking about. Boyd Wagner’s car. Nope no link. When you’re ready I’ll get you his best contact info. Please don’t waste his time. I’m not implying you will but you know how referrals can go
    Last edited by tr250; 01-21-2021, 02:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JonS
    replied
    Originally posted by poolboy View Post
    I saw it at your TRials in Oxford OH, Todd...A car owned by someone who knew how to take care of it and had the means to do so.
    If I wanted another TR6, I think that one would be very high on my list.
    I was not clear if you meant the car I was posting about, or another one. Did you mean Tom Granacher's car?

Leave a comment:

• poolboy
    replied
    I saw it at your TRials in Oxford OH, Todd...A car owned by someone who knew how to take care of it and had the means to do so.
    If I wanted another TR6, I think that one would be very high on my list.

Leave a comment:

• JonS
    replied
    Thanks. Is there a link to look at it. I am not sure I like white, but getting more information is always good. I have some excellent documentation for a 1971 that completed a frame off restoration over the past 2 - 3 years. I have some reservations about some aspects, but it looks good. I am pretty sure this is Damson Red. Does anyone know this car, it is owned by Tom Granacher. He said he had not worked very hard yet to sell it.

Leave a comment:

• tr250
    replied
    Originally posted by Tush View Post

Boyd’s Car? Very nice car if it is. The White with Red interior is stunning.

Cheers,
    Tush

Ah you know the car well. Not too many cars running around like that. I told him to put it on BAT to maximize profit. Jon if you want a nice car, this one fits the bill

Leave a comment:

• Tush
    replied
    Originally posted by tr250 View Post
    I know a guy getting ready to sell a White 69 w Red trim Overdrive car, Prestige Dash, LeMans wheels. Total restoration. Even restored the original steering wheel

I bet 30 would buy it

Decisions decisions
    Boyd’s Car? Very nice car if it is. The White with Red interior is stunning.

Cheers,
    Tush

Leave a comment:

• JonS
    replied
    Originally posted by tr250 View Post
    I know a guy getting ready to sell a White 69 w Red trim Overdrive car, Prestige Dash, LeMans wheels. Total restoration. Even restored the original steering wheel

I bet 30 would buy it

Decisions decisions
    This is interesting as well, White is not a color I had considered. As I noted, I have been exchanging email with someone with a 1971 that appears to also have had a signifiant restoration. He wants 32K. I am not sure the engine is at a level that would demand that much, but I am still checking. I will follow up with you next week.
    Last edited by JonS; 01-20-2021, 10:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tr250
    replied

I bet 30 would buy it

Decisions decisions

Leave a comment:

• JonS
    replied
    Yes, we spoke about the color and I asked him to send me a picture of the name plate which should show "17" for the color. He said it does have overdrive. We area going back and forth and I am attempting to build a detailed list of what was done, but so far it looks good. He wants 32, but seems reasonable, I think I could get it for a bit less. I want more details about the actual state of the engine which he said has had work on it.

Leave a comment:

• SapphireBlue72
    commented on 's reply
    The one called "'burgundy"?
    (That would be Damson, please. You would think if someone spent so much effort restoring a car they would learn the proper color name.)

Did you get the price on it? Does it have Overdrive?

One thing to learn about old cars is that it is best to shop for condition over color.
    Last edited by SapphireBlue72; 01-20-2021, 07:11 PM.

• JonS
    replied
    Originally posted by SapphireBlue72 View Post
    In The Roadster Factory Classifieds there is a primrose 1970 with OD & hardtop, asking price $25K. In CA. With a very good history.
    Did you happen to see the 1971 below the primrose one? I have been in touch with the owner who did most of the labor on the frame off restoration. This sounds pretty good. I have asked for an image of the comm plate to see where it falls.

Leave a comment:

• SapphireBlue72
    commented on 's reply
    Oh man, I'm losing it.

(ad did say Pale Primrose, but we know better)
    Last edited by SapphireBlue72; 01-20-2021, 07:07 PM.

• JonS
    replied
    Originally posted by SapphireBlue72 View Post
    In The Roadster Factory Classifieds there is a primrose 1970 with OD & hardtop, asking price $25K. In CA. With a very good history.
    Thanks very much for the pointer. Another great example - I don't think I want primrose though :-). There was a listing for a 1971 just below but the phone is out of service and it is an old listing. The point here is that it seems to be that what I am not looking for, if I will look at 1970 or perhaps 71, do not appear as unusual as I might have thought. Of course, when I actually decide to buy there may not be anything for months :-)

Leave a comment:

Price changes over the past 1 - 1 and 1/2 Years

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,342   Posts: 488,624   Members: 13,754   Active Members: 657
Welcome to our newest member, Tacozabub.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
X