Buying assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying assistance

Hi all, I’m considering returning to the TR6 owners club after a very long time. While I’m reasonably mechanically inclined I’m not looking for a project car. I’d like one that looks and drives nice and has stayed as true to stock as possible. I’ve found one that is interesting in Torrance, CA ( see post below).

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...6/2396570.html

I’d appreciate any opinions from the experts on this forum and if there is a surrogate buyer willing to help on site that would be even better. I’m located in southern Ohio so visiting in person may be difficult. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Looks like a nice car and it should be as the price is at the top of the range. A couple things that are odd to me...first, the top replacement. I find it odd that the top would need to be replaced considering the interior is purported to be original. Maybe it’s just me, but the dash looks a little light in colour for a stock/ aged dash. The other thing that concerns me is that is purported to be the original paint. Quite a bit of overspray obvious on the front and rear underside of the car...

I like the magenta as a colour, it’s a shame it doesn’t have overdrive.

Cheers
    Tush
    81 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 81 Triumph TR8
    73 Triumph TR6 CF4874UO, 68 Triumph TR250 CD5228LO
    62 Triumph TR4 CT6716LO, 60 Triumph TR3A TS69891LO
    60 Triumph TR3A TS64870LO, 59 Triumph TR3A TS44836LO
    https://www.youtube.com/user/cheftush

Comment

Looks to be a clean example. I didnt see anything which caused me pause. If it is represented as the seller indicates (one owner, etc) it appears to be a quality survivor.
      '74 TR6 CF13007U aka "Mr. T"
      Custom Blue (Delft-Like) and New Tan (Formerly Mallard and New Tan)
      Points, Ballast Bypassed, Bosch Blue Coil, Moss Cobalt Wires, Champion RN12YC plugs.
      Peaks and tweaks, but the spirit of Original
      Redlines always.
      My wife is the Driver, I'm just the Mechanic....

Comment

Thanks for the insight. Much appreciated.

Comment

dkirk --- I wrote to Hemmings regarding the Magenta TR6 that they show. Awaiting their response to see if it's still for sale, etc. Dick Surrogate Buyer in L.A. area

Comment

Thanks Dick appreciate the follow up. How close are you to Torrance?

Comment

dirk --- I'm about a half hour away. Use the PM feature so we can set up a dialogue.. Dick

Comment

Originally posted by dicta View Post
                dirk --- I'm about a half hour away. Use the PM feature so we can set up a dialogue.. Dick
                dirk --- Are you still interested in this car? Lemmings hasn't responded as to whether this car is still available.

Dick

Comment

Thanks I had PM’d you back on the 18th and just did again. If you didn’t get either i must be doing something wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by dkirk8845 View Post
                    Thanks I had PM’d you back on the 18th and just did again. If you didn’t get either i must be doing something wrong.
                    Dirk --- It's setup for me to see the car on Thursday afternoon. Will forward the evaluation results..

Dick

Comment

Buying assistance

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 38,973   Posts: 484,499   Members: 10,051   Active Members: 974
                    Welcome to our newest member, Verinstostype.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X