Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1969 Triumph TR6

hey All!!

Found and bought a 1969 Triumph TR6. The TR is in South Miami Florida and I'm in SW Ohio... I flew down earlier this week to see the car in person. It is in good running condition and rust free, I'm sure things will pop up or be discovered once I get it home and drive it around some more. And it has original paint (Damson #17)… unfortunately that paint is rather tired. In some areas the paint has kind of gone to alligator skin, it also has some other blemishes. At some point this TR will likely have to be repainted but I want to focus on anything mechanical first, and also have some fun driving it. So this will be kind of a running restoration rather than the potential frame off rebuild I was looking at with my original 1969 little blue TR6 (have not decided what to do with that one yet).

Anyway, plans are to head south and bring it home during the week of Saint Patrick's Day. Todd B. and the guy I am buying it from have both been suggesting I just drive it home but I'm going to trailer it since I'd rather have the first breakdown somewhere closer to home instead of on some isolated stretch of road in the middle of 'who knows where'! Wish me luck!!

Unfortunately all the pictures I took are more of the up close variety... I'll post a shot once I get the TR home.

Congratulations on your purchase. Drive and enjoy - the season starts soon!
    1976 TR-6 BRG - CF57239U
    Carbs by Poolboy
    Rear Camber Kit, Rear Hubs by Goodparts
    Gear Reduction Starter by TSI
    Distributor by British Vacuum

Comment

• JCDonahue
      JCDonahue commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!!! Being able to drive and enjoy it while working on it rather than taking years on the rebuild of the first one has been the motivator for finding this TR!

Congrats JC. Looking forward to hearing more about the car and seeing some pictures after you get her home.

Cheers
    Tush
    81 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 81 Triumph TR8
    73 Triumph TR6 CF4874UO, 68 Triumph TR250 CD5228LO
    62 Triumph TR4 CT6716LO, 60 Triumph TR3A TS69891LO
    60 Triumph TR3A TS64870LO, 59 Triumph TR3A TS44836LO
    https://www.youtube.com/user/cheftush

Comment

• JCDonahue
      JCDonahue commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!!! Already planning to take it to Trials later this year... may not be the prettiest belle at the ball but at least it'll be there.

Suh-Weet!!

Well done Curt.
    1972 Sapphire TR6 #CC84,something

1959 Red TR3 (Wife's)

Comment

• JCDonahue
      JCDonahue commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!!! Looking forward to taking it out on some of the drives with you guys!!

Nice find JC. And right in my back yard!

Comment

• JCDonahue
      JCDonahue commented
      Editing a comment
      You have a very pretty neighborhood... and great weather!! On my trip down there Enterprise couldn't find the economy car I had reserved so they upgraded me to a convertible Mustang. So I had to drive it through Coconut Grove and up to South Beach with the top down.

Remember we love pictures.....
    Triumph TR6 - 1974 - Mimosa, O/D, black interior.

Comment

• JCDonahue
      JCDonahue commented
      Editing a comment
      Will do!! Once I get the TR home I'll take a few pictures and post them...

Thanks all!!

Heading down to bring it home next week. My brother and I will be trailering it back... hope to have it in Ohio by Friday March 20.

Comment

This was my rental Mustang mentioned above.

Comment

hey bud - nice to see you pulled the trigger. and also, using some patience. I've grown to believe, if just to save this mark, that every car has a home somewhere. But we all have a vision of what we want from this mark - so similar to someone to thinks these are MGs, but if we all stood together, we would have pretty wide opinion on this mark, and what it means to us.

I just poked back up to get a better understanding of what you want to do now - in the spectrum. at one end, is totally original. at the other end, is completely modified. I love them all. i want to know what your plans are, and we all will be interested in pics, standing in florida, on the trailer, driving down the road, whatever. And for a little tough love? If Todd tells you to drive it home, then you should drive it home. Todd, Ken, Baws, Wolf, Ratridge, Trick6.....there is a legend group that live in the clouds, have seen it all, and aint fraid of much. Certainly not I-95, or truckers. This wave of comfort will hit you one day. The 6pack network is world wide. I drove my school car to NC and back in 2016. 3K miles or so. And if I had issues along the way, all I needed was cell service, haggarty roadside, and some nearby 6pack member to help me with a radiator hose, if I didn't already have it with me. The journey, brother Donohue, is glorious.

cheers
        LOG

Comment

• JCDonahue
          JCDonahue commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks LOG!!

I would have loved to just fly down and drive it back but unfortunately due to some family commitments I need to handle this trip a little more quickly. One of our sons and his family are about to move out of town so I need to get back to help them out with that.

Once I get the TR home and have a little time with it you can be sure that we'll go on some long trips with it. And I guess I would see myself somewhere around the middle of that spectrum. I'm not going for a car show winner but I want it to look good, so there will likely be a repaint in the future. And I want to improve performance so there will be some modifications.

Sorry for taking so long to update on this...

Well, I made it!! My brother and I drove down to South Miami and back to get the TR. We left Tuesday and got back to SW Ohio Thursday night, covered 2405 miles over the three days in 37 hours 50 minutes of driving.
        Traveling in the Age of the Coronavirus feels like something out of The Walking Dead! All we could get to eat was carry out, even the hotel we used only had a ‘grab n go’ breakfast. And we met a Canadian couple at a rest stop, they had once owned a TR6. They were heading home because of concerns about crossing the border. After that we noticed there were a lot of Ontario plates heading north.
        Anyway, here are some pictures. The TR is solid but does need some work. One obvious change needed is to remove the air horns. The seller is the guy in shorts, Antonio. I’m the other old guy.

Last edited by JCDonahue; 03-22-2020, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Ugh! Technical difficulties behind the keyboard, here are the pictures.

Comment

Nice! I love wires on a 6, i wish i had some. It looks like it has good bones, congrats!

Comment

nice find!
              Brian Cunningham
              1973 CF4325U Overdrive has been added
              "Liz's" Plate is: T-AH6

Comment

Funny thing is he can’t get plates...yet.
                So much rust, so little time

64 TR4 Overdrive Surrey
                67 GT6 Mk1
                68 TR250 Soon to have Overdrive & Surrey
                71 TR6 Hardtop Soon to have OD
                81 TR8 Injected Automatic...the LAST Automatic

Comment

• JCDonahue
                  JCDonahue commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ohio BMV is only handling CDL business. I could maybe get a temporary tag via the on-line process but since the whole state is under a 'stay at home' order there is no where to go with it anyway. So I guess the TR is in quarantine for a little while.

CTs DMV is not seeing real people only internet business
                Brian Cunningham
                1973 CF4325U Overdrive has been added
                "Liz's" Plate is: T-AH6

Comment

1969 Triumph TR6

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 38,723   Posts: 481,736   Members: 8,397   Active Members: 264
                Welcome to our newest member, ajiupoconiiv.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

Working...
                X