Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCDonahue
    commented on 's reply
    Interesting that it is the same color scheme as the one in Texas. :-)

• skootch13
    replied
    I'm thinking of this guy. Tripp74. We saw the car at the Mohican TRials.

https://forums.6-pack.org/the-6-pack...ewing-pleasure

Leave a comment:

• JCDonahue
    commented on 's reply
    hmm... a counterfeit 1969 TR6!

• JCDonahue
    commented on 's reply
    Hello! The people at the dealership told me that the owner is in very bad health and his son is selling the car to help with expenses. I do not know Jimmy Richards but hopefully he is doing okay and this is not about him.

Unfortunately since the actual owner is unavailable the dealer can only work with the son and apparently he doesn't know much about the TR. It probably is a very nice car... just too many questions coming up for it to be at this price point, at least for me.

• tr250
    replied
    Jimmy Richards

dont believe it’s his car. His is REALLY nice

Leave a comment:

• Tush
    replied
    Originally posted by skootch13 View Post
    Curt,

Why not buy a good bones, driver TR6 and back date it to a 69? It checks all the boxes, you get to drive a TR6, you get to tinker with a TR6 (replace seats, add a scuttle vent, rebuild your 69 engine and install it) and you open up the possibilities on getting a good car.

What's the guys handle on here who did the black one back to a 69? TrippZs? Beautiful car.

My final .02 sense. Well, at least for today
    Texas Car...jimmy....I think.

Leave a comment:

• skootch13
    replied
    Curt,

Why not buy a good bones, driver TR6 and back date it to a 69? It checks all the boxes, you get to drive a TR6, you get to tinker with a TR6 (replace seats, add a scuttle vent, rebuild your 69 engine and install it) and you open up the possibilities on getting a good car.

What's the guys handle on here who did the black one back to a 69? TrippZs? Beautiful car.

My final .02 sense. Well, at least for today

Leave a comment:

• tr250
    replied
    Originally posted by Tush View Post
    Curt, does it have to be a 69 TR6?

Cheers
    Tush

I keep asking him about that...at least Curt is consistent

Leave a comment:

• JCDonahue
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Tush!

A few years ago I picked up a 'barn find' 1969 Triumph TR6, it was in an actual barn in upstate NY when we picked it up. I have finally had time to start on it and it may be more of a good parts car than a project car, or at least it may be more of a project than I am up for. So I have decide to look for one that is running and in good shape. I guess I've realized I'd rather be driving a TR than spending years rebuilding this one. If I had room and enough funds doing both would be cool but two TRs may be too much for my available garage space.

Anyway, I am partial to the 1969 cars mainly because they seem just a little more 'quirky' than the later cars. So for now I am primarily looking for a 1969 TR6. And I'm not a purist so it doesn't have to be completely original but the closer to original the better.

Thanks!!

• JCDonahue
    commented on 's reply
    thanks Cygan!!

Skootch had pointed out the floor issue so I was getting more information on that. I had not noticed the missing rear bumper support brackets but I see that now. Thanks for pointing that out.

As you mentioned, all fixable things but given what they are trying to get for this TR it doesn't seem like one that I'll go after. (unless the seller and dealer agree to something less)

• Tush
    replied
    Curt, does it have to be a 69 TR6?

Cheers
    Tush

Leave a comment:

• Cygan
    replied
    One of those pictures shows the passenger side front wheel looking aft. It looks like they cut the floors out and laid in the new floors over them leaving a big ugly open seam. Fixable but ...lets just say I am not a fan. Also they lost the rear bumper support brackets and just bolted the ends of the rear bumpers to the body. Fixable yes. But makes me wonder what else they have done/not dome.

Regards-
    cygan

Leave a comment:

• JCDonahue
    replied
    Thanks all!!

The dealer who is selling the TR provided some additional information and I have decided not to pursue this car. Just a few too many concerns at this price point so I am going to keep looking. Again, the dealer has been really good to work with; from what I can tell from our text messages and phone calls they are a very honest and 'up front' business. I'd give them five stars!!

So... if anyone knows of a nice reasonably priced 1969 TR6 please let me know!

Thanks again!!!

Leave a comment:

• dicta
    replied
    The closest one as shown in the latest 6Pack Newsletter is in Houston. That's Bruce Cooper at (281) 362-0536. [email protected]. Probably too far to do a Surrogate check in Dallas, but maybe Bruce is up for a nice drive?

Dick

Leave a comment:

• JCDonahue
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the insights! :-)

I think the passenger door in one of the pictures wasn't closed all the way. The gap at the b-pillar seems okay in most of the pictures, but without someone seeing it in person I could be wrong. I am concerned about the possibility of 'hidden sins' (rust), especially since the floors were replaced. If they were rusty there had to be other rust as well. I had noticed the rear tube shocks too and they are supposed to be getting some additional pictures of how that was done.

All good helpful observations... Thanks!!!

Dallas area surrogate buyers?

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 38,931   Posts: 484,031   Members: 9,302   Active Members: 587
Welcome to our newest member, annnazBiogy.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

Working...
X