X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tush
    replied
    Originally posted by SapphireBlue72 View Post
    Probably a fair or okay value for a Driver at $17-18K in todays market. Add on maybe $2K for overdrive, if it works properly, is it A-Type OD?
    Passenger door gap would drive me bonkers, sticking out like it does. Why???
    Fresh slapped on shiny black coating on sills/rockers & some underneath would cover a lot of sins (rust).
    Gauges in drive video indicate a need to open the dash for gauge or wiring repairs.
    Dash is nice. Seats nice.
    Engine sounds good; what does it mean when an engine has been gone through? Complete BS, get a compression check, ask for receipts.
    Cheap tires.
    Paint chip should have been fixed rather than reported.
    It is so much better to deal with an owner/restorer who can tell you about the restoration & not hide metal areas with black paint.
    They are asking way too much money, and I don't even see the price.

Okay, you asked.
    Looks like an A Type based on the round castle cap.

Cheers
    Tush

Leave a comment:

• SapphireBlue72
    replied
    Probably a fair or okay value for a Driver at $17-18K in todays market. Add on maybe $2K for overdrive, if it works properly, is it A-Type OD?
    Passenger door gap would drive me bonkers, sticking out like it does. Why???
    Fresh slapped on shiny black coating on sills/rockers & some underneath would cover a lot of sins (rust).
    Gauges in drive video indicate a need to open the dash for gauge or wiring repairs.
    Dash is nice. Seats nice.
    Engine sounds good; what does it mean when an engine has been gone through? Complete BS, get a compression check, ask for receipts.
    Cheap tires. And, that rear shock absorber, ugh.
    Paint chip should have been fixed rather than reported.
    It is so much better to deal with an owner/restorer who can tell you about the restoration & not hide metal areas with black paint.
    They are asking way too much money, and I don't even see the price.

Okay, you asked.
    Last edited by SapphireBlue72; 02-06-2020, 10:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JCDonahue
    replied
    Thanks Tush!! If this all goes through and I bring it home I'll add some pictures!

Leave a comment:

• Tush
    replied
    Looks like a nice car. Good Luck Curt.

Cheers
    Tush

Leave a comment:

• JCDonahue
    started a topic Dallas area surrogate buyers?

Dallas area surrogate buyers?

Hello!!

I am looking at a 1969 TR6 in Lewisville, Texas and would like to know if we have anyone near there who could stop by and see it in person. The car appears to be a very nice driver repainted in black with wire wheels and a tan interior (also not the original color but looks very nice). Unfortunately I am too far away to just stop in to see the car in person. It is for sale on consignment from Garrett Classics in Lewisville; and they have been really great when I have talked with them but their background is more in American cars.

The one concern I have is with the floors. They were replaced and I just would like to have someone knowledgeable take a look at how they were done.

here is a link to their inventory page for the TR6... https://www.garrettclassics.com/1969-triumph-tr-6

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!! Curt (I can also be reached at 513 713-9479)

Dallas area surrogate buyers?

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 38,849   Posts: 483,209   Members: 8,811   Active Members: 533
Welcome to our newest member, Janetmeefs.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

Working...
X