Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About to acquire a my dad's 1976 TR6 - what to attack first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that list that skooch laid down, while overwhelming, is comprehensive and very detailed - that should be in a forum somewhere for others to reference/print, with a checklist box on each item. wowsa.

looking forward to hearing more on this project - good luck.

Comment

FInally got out to my storage unit last weekend and started in on the wake up checklist. New battery, oil change, new plugs, 3-in-1 oil down the cylinders, new tires, and overall assessment of the rest of it.

With the new battery in place, I confirmed it does crank over and the starter sounds strong! Great to hear that. I just placed orders for new coolant hoses, water pump, thermostat, and will be pulling the gas tank and rad this week for cleaning.

Oh, and I gave the carbs a little sip of Seafoam to start loosening things up there too. Stoked to get this thing back on the road!

Comment

Might as well get a jump on it & send the Z-S carbs to poolboy for a refresh. Either now or later.

Don't toss the old water pump- they can be rebuilt better than a new replacement.
        The Flying Dutchman.
        http://water-pump-rebuilders.com/brands.html
        Last edited by SapphireBlue72; 06-22-2020, 04:07 PM.
        Walt
        CC80954U '72 TR6 original condition/sold 16.500.
        poolboy rebuilt the Z-S Carbs. Philstr6 rebuilt both rear hubs.

Comment

Originally posted by SapphireBlue72 View Post
          Might as well get a jump on it & send the Z-S carbs to poolboy for a refresh. Either now or later.

Don't toss the old water pump- they can be rebuilt better than a new replacement.
          The Flying Dutchman.
          http://water-pump-rebuilders.com/brands.html
          It's got dual webers on it, and the old Z-S carbs have had all the emissions gear stripped. I sent poolboy photos a while back, and he declined to try and tackle em -- too much original gear missing from the emission deletes. Going to stick with the webers anyway. Will definitely give the Flying Dutchman a look - always good to have a spare pump.

Comment

About to acquire a my dad's 1976 TR6 - what to attack first?

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 38,943   Posts: 484,091   Members: 9,357   Active Members: 623
          Welcome to our newest member, KsSasRrbugs.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X