No announcement yet.

Brakes Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you can leave skid marks when you hit the brakes hard, you have good brakes no matter what you got....the length of your skid marks just might depend on your tires.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Accident 5-24-2015 010.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.86 MB ID:	540279
    Driving a 1973 TR6
    Doing ZS carb repairs
    email kencorsaw"at"aol.com

Comment

• For the nerds. Stopping distance increases when the tires are skidding. Being able to modulate at maximum slip angle is a characteristic of a good brake design.

https://apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a035143.pdf

Comment

• i can't lock mine up. Anyone have any ideas? I am sure I'm leaving some stopping power on the table. Of course I doubt i'd have the reflexes to pump the locking brakes......
        1972 Sapphire TR6 #CC84,something

1973 Harvest Yellow MGB V8

Comment

• Skootch, would you be willing to do an experiment? Find a nice straight piece of road and stabilize at 15 mph (you could use a gps app on your phone) and jam on the brakes as fast and hard as you can at a set point on the side of the road, like a sign or something. Then repeat the experiment at 25 mph. Even better would be if you could do it again on the same road when wet. Those four data points would be most interesting. The maximum slip angle is very dependent on both tire compound and tread and the micro surface of the road along with any contaminants.

Comment

Brakes Anyone?

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,411   Posts: 489,282   Members: 14,549   Active Members: 617
          Welcome to our newest member, Savelobsmarf.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X