Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Done the Nissan R200B Conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And half of the options he lists are out of stock, might be time to figure out a new rear end swap option.
    Bill Connell
    1969 TR6 CC28790
    TR6 project log
    St. Paul MN

Comment

Originally posted by frostr6 View Post
      And half of the options he lists are out of stock, might be time to figure out a new rear end swap option.
      The global supply chain shortage strikes again.
      CF1634U+O Pimento/Chestnut
      2nd owner, since 1975
      Now in Fair Oaks, CA

Comment

I assume all those used diffs are just coming out of junk yards, likely not getting shipped in from overseas.
        Bill Connell
        1969 TR6 CC28790
        TR6 project log
        St. Paul MN

Comment

I just bought one of his diffs. He said he just needs to source more that aren’t crazy high mileage.

Comment

I bet those Nissan differentials have more mileage on them within their first 4 years than a TR6 differential has in 40 years
            Driving a 1973 TR6
            Doing ZS carb repairs
            email kencorsaw"at"aol.com

Comment

I would recommend all the diffs, no matter the source, be freshened with new clutches and seals. Not sure how much the ring and pinion can wear even with high mileage as long as they weren't run dry. I have a R200 in the car now that I know had very high unknown amount of mileage when purchased 14 years ago but i just installed it. I have another now that I will freshen before I install it.
              Best Therapy
              http://www.britishv8.org/Triumph/AlbertGary.htm
              Zoom Zoom

Comment

I am contemplating freshening up my spare R200 with new carbon fiber clutches before changing it out with the one presently installed pumpkin, a high mileage unit. But I searched for a clutch kit and ran across pictures of the innards of the R200. Link Below:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/27501593615...cAAOSwa8VhhY-z

What this shows is that if I am to do this, unlike videos I have seen where removing the carrier is not necessary to change out the clutches, I will have to remove the carrier and ring gear from the case and take it apart to extract and change the clutches. I am looking at the carbon fiber clutches pack as replacement. I think that removing the carrier in this case which the ring gear is mounted to and the clutches are encased in, changing out the clutches with new and reassembling the carrier and ring should be simple. The process will not relieve the pinion of any preload or alter the backlash so if I position the carrier shims as removed, it all should go back together as it was. I am going to give this a serious look see.
                TRick6
                Mitty Graduate
                Last edited by TRick6; 12-27-2021, 10:31 PM.
                Best Therapy
                http://www.britishv8.org/Triumph/AlbertGary.htm
                Zoom Zoom

Comment

Anyone Done the Nissan R200B Conversion?

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,863   Posts: 493,172   Members: 56,868   Active Members: 174
                southjersey29
                Welcome to our newest member, southjersey29.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X