Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Done the Nissan R200B Conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TRick6 View Post
    Tush:

My question is directed to the pinion gear flange refit. As in your video and according to my past experience, before removing the pinion flange marks are to be placed on the pinion gear nut and one on the pinion so when refitting the nut is tightened to aligned with the mark on the pinion repositioning everything as they were.. I have since been told that this only gets you close but the proper way to refit the pinion is to measure the inch pound pre-load prior to disassembling and reassemble to the the measured inch pound pre-load. Run this by your diff wizard to confirm or debunk.
    Wish I’d known that before I put the diff back in and buttoned everything up 😉

Cheers,
    Tush

81 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 81 Triumph TR8, 1973 Ford Capri
    73 Triumph TR6 CF4874UO, 68 Triumph TR250 CD5228LO
    62 Triumph TR4 CT6716LO, 60 Triumph TR3A TS69891LO
    60 Triumph TR3A TS64870LO, 59 Triumph TR3A TS44836LO
    https://www.youtube.com/user/cheftush

Comment

• TRick6
      TRick6 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am not sure of the actuality. There is however a measurable input load on the pinion.

How difficult is it to do this job if you only have access from the bottom? It looks pretty straight forward from everything I’ve read and watched.

I have a pretty good clunk in the rear end unless you shift it ‘just right’. Figure I may as well do this and be done with it forever.

Comment

I installed mine from underneath with no issues, other than needing a jack to help lift the diff into place.

Comment

Anyone Done the Nissan R200B Conversion?

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,679   Posts: 491,630   Members: 40,672   Active Members: 6,199
      Welcome to our newest member, AlbertDum.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
      X