Spark Plug Caddy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark Plug Caddy

When changing the plug the other day, I needed a place to put the removed plugs for review etc. and thought: wouldn't it be cool to have one of those carts to put them in, like the aircraft tech use when doing required maint. checks?
    A perusal of the light aircraft parts sites yielded several options, however they were all quite pricey and a bit of an overkill. As much as I would like to have Double Wasp radial or a Rolls Royce Merlin inline 12, I have to content myself with wrenching on the 6's.
    So when I ran accross a 3D printed, 6 plug for less than $25.00 shipped, I jumped on it!
    I added the Dymo #'s and some little pads to feet to make it a bit fancier however.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P5260054.JPG Views:	0 Size:	444.6 KB ID:	541932 Click image for larger version  Name:	P5260055.JPG Views:	0 Size:	445.1 KB ID:	541933
    CF1634U+O Pimento/Chestnut
    2nd owner, since 1975
    Now in Fair Oaks, CA

That’s classy Bruce, nice find. I use a small Amazon box with 6 holes punched in it, protects the paint
    72 Pimento w/overdrive - Lilred
    67 4A Royal Blue - Lilblue

Comment

nice work (and find), bruce. (also, the compass on your dash is a nice touch; wondering if it's compensated for electrical fields in its vicinity, especially as it is located right next to what appears to be a flux capacitor or what may be your 007 rocket launcher control panel)
      "PD" - 1973 Mallard TR6

Comment

Originally posted by tadmcd View Post
        nice work (and find), bruce. (also, the compass on your dash is a nice touch; wondering if it's compensated for electrical fields in its vicinity, especially as it is located right next to what appears to be a flux capacitor or what may be your 007 rocket launcher control panel)
        Thanks Tad and Lou.
        The compass is fairly new, it replaces the Brunton unit that leaked or boiled (it gets rather hot here) the fluid out, making it unusable during violent evasive action.
        The device seen next to it, is actually a Cooper-Wallace "Engine Efficiency" meter that I picked up from a fellow accross the pond.
        I sat it on the dash for a photo op. Click image for larger version

Name:	P5260052.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	434.9 KB
ID:	541947 Click image for larger version

Name:	P5260053.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	453.3 KB
ID:	541948
        CF1634U+O Pimento/Chestnut
        2nd owner, since 1975
        Now in Fair Oaks, CA

Comment

An energy efficiency meter should be requisite for all TR's.

Don't see many of those "From The Land of BRG" posters anymore. Moss could hardly give them away, 30 years ago. Now they are rare and collectible.
          Walt
          CC80954U '72 TR6 original condition/sold 16.500.
          poolboy rebuilt the Z-S Carbs. Philstr6 rebuilt both rear hubs.

Comment

Spark Plug Caddy

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,679   Posts: 491,630   Members: 40,674   Active Members: 6,186
          Welcome to our newest member, uhopixisoli.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X