TR6 Parking Devices for original Kangol belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TR6 Parking Devices for original Kangol belts

I found a resource for these parking devices, which are made with a 3D printer and identical to the originals. Would like to know what interest there is here to purchase them at $30 a pair which includes shipping in the continental USA. Just reply so I can get an idea of interest. These mate with the original Kangol Seat Belts. Depending on the response will see about running a batch. I will follow up with the details. Assume the parts would be black.
    1972 TR6 Jasmine Yellow CC79030U
    Purchased in 1973, 3rd owner
    Restored 2009

Count me in....
    CF28612UO - Pimento/Chestnut/Overdrive/Hardtop
    Folsom, CA - Yeah, near the prison!

Comment

• TRIFIK6
      TRIFIK6 commented
      Editing a comment
      FYI We will be running a batch of these soon and I will update you on the details.

I would order a set.

Comment

• TRIFIK6
      TRIFIK6 commented
      Editing a comment
      FYI We will be running a batch of these soon and I will update you on the details.

I would like a set also! Does anyone have a photo of where they should be mounted?
    1976 Pimento/Light Tan
    VTO alloy "Minilites"
    Dolly Parton's removed
    GoodParts Nissan Diff and CV axles
    Carbs by Poolboy
    Suffolk seats

Comment

Located between the seat and the door.
      Restored 2009

Comment

• MRankin
        MRankin commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the pic. I never knew about these or where they were mounted.

Just one more picture for all.
      Restored 2009

Comment

Anyway to reverse engineer them to take the new belts that everyone is selling? I'd buy a set if that was available.
        1975 Mimosa with a few upgrades/mods:
        Patton TBI
        HVDA Toyota 5 speed
        Goodparts Nissan Diff
        Goodparts CVJs
        AAW Wire Harness
        Miata Seats
        Boyd Welding Custom 15 gallon aluminum gas tank

Comment

Originally posted by TRIFIK6 View Post
          Just one more picture for all.
          I thought that image looked familiar. You really should give credit for it.

Ed
          For just a little more, you can do it yourself!

Comment

It's possible Bobby but do the new belts use the same insert or they all different depending on the manufacture? Which one do you think most would be interested it?
            I believe Securon manufactures most replacement seat belts. Is this what you have?
            Restored 2009

Comment

Originally posted by ed_h View Post

I thought that image looked familiar. You really should give credit for it.

Ed
              Thank you Ed_h

I certainly recognize and recall your work and your pic from your effort!
              '74 TR6 CF13007U aka "Mr. T"
              Custom Blue (Delft-Like) and New Tan (Formerly Mallard and New Tan)
              Points, Ballast Bypassed, Bosch Blue Coil, Moss Cobalt Wires, Champion RN12YC plugs.
              Peaks and tweaks, but the spirit of Original
              Redlines always.
              My wife is the Driver, I'm just the Mechanic....

Comment

Really not trying to take any credit away from you Ed. I found your web site and thought is was a great picture of this device. FYI If you were selling these I would have purchased some and not spent the time to produce them. I started this project because I could not find these anywhere. Thought I was helping folks with a similar situation. Here's the link to your website: http://bullfire.net/TR6/TR6-83/TR6-83.html
                Restored 2009

Comment

Really not trying to take any credit away from you Ed. I found your web site and thought is was a great picture of this device. FYI If you were selling these I would have purchased some and not spent the time to produce them. I started this project because I could not find these anywhere. Thought I was helping folks with a similar situation. Here's the link to your website: http://bullfire.net/TR6/TR6-83/TR6-83.html
                  No worries. I wasn't talking about credit for the idea, just for the image.

I don't claim the idea, or have any interest in making these commercially, and I support and applaud your effort to do so. I think its a good thing for the TR6 community, and hope it's a successful venture.

Ed
                  For just a little more, you can do it yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by ed_h View Post

No worries. I wasn't talking about credit for the idea, just for the image.

I don't claim the idea, or have any interest in making these commercially, and I support and applaud your effort to do so. I think its a good thing for the TR6 community, and hope it's a successful venture.

Ed
                    And thanks for sharing the .stl

I dont have nor have remade the gut spring to work with the new belts though. That is someting I would be interested in.
                    '74 TR6 CF13007U aka "Mr. T"
                    Custom Blue (Delft-Like) and New Tan (Formerly Mallard and New Tan)
                    Points, Ballast Bypassed, Bosch Blue Coil, Moss Cobalt Wires, Champion RN12YC plugs.
                    Peaks and tweaks, but the spirit of Original
                    Redlines always.
                    My wife is the Driver, I'm just the Mechanic....

Comment

It's possible Bobby but do the new belts use the same insert or they all different depending on the manufacture? Which one do you think most would be interested it?
                      I believe Securon manufactures most replacement seat belts. Is this what you have?
                      I think most are Securon... I can take a picture if you need one
                      1975 Mimosa with a few upgrades/mods:
                      Patton TBI
                      HVDA Toyota 5 speed
                      Goodparts Nissan Diff
                      Goodparts CVJs
                      AAW Wire Harness
                      Miata Seats
                      Boyd Welding Custom 15 gallon aluminum gas tank

Comment

Bobby, I am working on modifying the outside part to secure the tang made by "Securon" as they seem to be the natural path to replacing the original "Kangol" belts.
                        See my picture in previous message. This design will not require an insert as the originals have. Let you soon if successful.
                        Restored 2009

Comment

TR6 Parking Devices for original Kangol belts

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,679   Posts: 491,630   Members: 40,672   Active Members: 6,191
                        Welcome to our newest member, AlbertDum.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X