Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New style bar for de TR6

Ok, quiz time.

Would there be any interest in a style bar (style as in not a roll bar) that would simply bolt to the seat belt anchor points ? The picture below shows a Miata style bar. I like it's simple design and fabrication. A similar bar might be interesting for the TR6 and would surely cost less than my other model. I'm not sure that I'd offer a chrome finish since it is so expensive for small quantities. I'm presently fabricating a one piece wind blocker for the Miata bar and would certainly be offering it also.

François

Hello Francois, I like the one you have installed in your TR6. What is the difference between the one in your TR and the one you are showing now? Merci Panda

Comment

I would guess a a couple of hundred dollars. Nice bar.

Comment

Safari is about right. The other difference would be that you wouldn't need to drill any holes to mount it. It would be bolted to the existing seat belt mounting points being the 2 bolts holding the reels and the 2 bolts holding the triangular shaped belt passage.

François

Comment

Having one of Francois original design bars on my car I can attest that the pictured design would be much easier to install. The original bar is also considered cosmetic so it sounds like a win win design. Francoiscovered his original bar with leather and I am sure this bar would be stunning if it received the same treatment.

Francois the leather covering is still on my to do list.

Comment

Remember that the bar pictured is off a Miata. A TR6's mounting brackets would differ significantly but it would still be alot easier to install that the previous model I made (I guess since I don't have one yet to test).

As for the previous roll bar design I made, I would need to have at least 10 confirmed orders to proceed with the fabrication of the new model but I'll have to design it first and figure out the cost.

More to come...

François

Comment

Definitely interested when you have more details. What kind of finish were you thinking of if not chrome? I assume it would be designed for the top up as well?

Comment

Dave,
                The finish would probably be powder coating same as the last batch and yes, it as to work with the top up or down.

François[/u]

Comment

Up date time,

I should have a price for the new Style bar by next week and possibly a prototype within 2 to 3 weeks. I'll post pictures as soon as I have something to show. It does look like it would be around the 200/250$ range.

François

Comment

Francois, have you been able to make any progress on this? I'm anxious to see what you come up with.

Comment

could someone design and build a real rollbar that mounts to the frame, is scca and NASA approved, and has crossbars? 6 point?

Comment

YES,..I would be very interetsed.

Comment

New style bar for de TR6

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,859   Posts: 493,133   Members: 56,868   Active Members: 174
                        Rovercooper
                        Welcome to our newest member, Rovercooper.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X