• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's too bad - i was scrounging up the funds to send your way

Comment

that's too bad - i was scrounging up the funds to send your way

Comment

I hate to say it, but I'm not sure that the pilot sleeve would work so well either. The quality of the casting leaves something to be desired in many cases - I reckon you'd end up having to machine the trailing arms also to get the necessary accuracy.
        I'm really not that interesting...

Comment

I have my disk brake conversion finished on my 67 TR4A
          Works well but would like to add vacuum boost as in the
          TR6, haven't lost a wheel yet and don't see a problem.

Comment

François, I thank you for erring on the side of caution. Even though rear disks would be tasty, and I was certainly looking foreward to them, it's better to be safe. I trust your judgement.

Comment

so, whats the word on getting a set of these made for 'testing' purposes? i'd like a set to try out to prove to everyone they are plenty safe.

Comment

Hi a NOOB again in big RED letters!

Anyway... since I have Don Watsons brake brackets on my build, but my car is not on the road yet. So sourcing the parts is fairly easy at any Nissan recycle yard and rebuild calipers or buy them new. I rebuilt mine from a 1987 Nissan Maxima that was made after March (rear calipers, brackets that hold them on + bolts, and possibly e-brake cable.

I'm using Don's cad files and having 10 sets of brake caliper brackets made. They will be done in a couple of weeks. I'm using 1018 grade 1/2' steel for the run , same as the set I have from Don. I'm also useing Richard Goods uprated hub assembly which will recess completely through Dons brackets, and into the trailing arm, as for the stock hub won't. The brackets will come with the 5/16' holes for the trailing arm studs. They will be painted to protect from rust. I drilled mine out and used 3/8' studs. Also used helicoils in the trailing arm. Another good idea would be to streghten the brackets that hold on the trailing arms at the frame, as they can crack.

1 set is spoken for and there are 9 sets open(at the time of this post) for who wants them. The price is $145.00 for the pair to ship anywhere in the USA (Not the islands) if out of USA, will need extra for shipping and in US curancy.

These brackets are sold with use at your own risk of course and with no liability.

email: [email protected] Paypal is my email and can take credit cards.

Also not looking to make money here, just helping others as Don Watson did for me. Don does know about the run of brackets, and is sending out the word for the bracket run.

I did post about this setup here I think on the first page.

http://forum.britishv8.org/read.php?3,452

Hope I didn't bend the rules on this forum any, and if I did, Alan will slap me silly. :shock:

Calvin

Comment

I guess I should have gone with my batch of 10 at 120$!! Oh well, my fault for being too cautious.

François

Comment

I received my disc conversion brackets today!

They are very nice.

thanks Calvin!

Rusty

Comment

A little slow here but,

Your most welcome Rusty!

Francois maybe you can make the next batch?

I have four sets left out of 11 sets.

One person is inquiring for one set now in the UK!

Calvin

Comment

Rear brake caliper mounting bracket

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,859   Posts: 493,133   Members: 56,868   Active Members: 174
                      Rovercooper
                      Welcome to our newest member, Rovercooper.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X