Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear brake caliper mounting bracket

Hello all,
    I've been asked by a member to fabricate a set of rear caliper mounting brackets as shown in the last 6-pack issue. Don Watson agreed to let me fabricate these bracket. As always, economy resides in quantity so, I would like to know who would be interested in a set. I have 3 request so far, the more sets I make, the less they will cost. They will be fabricated from 1/2'' thick steel plate and will have an anti-corrosion threatment, ready to be painted.

Thanks

François

Are you interested in assembling the other components and doing it as a kit? If you do then I might have an interest, depending on cost.
    I'm really not that interesting...

Comment

i'd rather have just the mounting plate. I know everything else can easily be sourced used (especially for me cos i know a bunch of nissan cats, so i can get all that shctuff for free). A kit is going to make this cost prohibitive, imho. the last thing that we need is another 1k+ dollar kit that you can piece together yourself for less than 300 dollars.

Comment

If anyone wants to see what Don Watson's whole installation looks like, you can see it here http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/don_watson.htm Don let me post this a couple of years ago.

I'm glad to see that Don has agreed to let Francois fabricate these brackets so we know that they will be of high quality like all of his products.

FRANCOIS......how come you didn't make it to Stowe? I was talking to some of your Quebec buddies and they were expecting you too.
        1975 Mimosa with a few upgrades/mods:
        Patton TBI
        HVDA Toyota 5 speed
        Goodparts Nissan Diff
        Goodparts CVJs
        AAW Wire Harness
        Miata Seats
        Boyd Welding Custom 15 gallon aluminum gas tank

Comment

I tend to agree with Jussie, the cost would become to high to be interesting. If the stock parts can be found used locally, it will be alot easier for you to complete the kit.

Bobby, september as been totally crazy. My daugther is staring in a new feature film made by a much acclaim film director here in quebec. We've been very busy with promotionnal tours and special presentations. As much as I would have liked going to Stowe, it was just not possible this year.

François

Comment

congrats to your daughter François!

If you guys are having problems locating all the parts you need for the conversion, for a reasonable price (and want new), i'd check www.rockauto.com calipers and rotors from them are quite cheap, and you can get the calipers loaded. for the bias valve (to set rear brake balance) you can get them cheap from www.summitracing.com, you can also get the e-brake cables there. i'd put it in line where the PDWC valve goes (thus removing PDWC). etc etc etc. lines can be purchased from pegasus racing.

Comment

Yes I would be very interested. Do you have ballpark price?

Comment

I should be able to give you a price sometime next week.

François

Comment

Yes. I'd be interested as well.

Comment

I am In!

Rusty.

Comment

Ok, here's the deal.

I've had enough request to justify making a batch of 10 sets of brake caliper brackets. At that quantity, the cost would be 120$ per pair plus shipping. The parts would be laser cut out of 1/2'' 44w steel plate and would be 'Lubrite' threated for rust protection.

Before I go ahead, I need confirmation from those interested, so please send me an email stating your interest.

Thanks
                      François

Comment

Bobby, september as been totally crazy. My daugther is staring in a new feature film made by a much acclaim film director here in quebec. We've been very busy with promotionnal tours and special presentations. As much as I would have liked going to Stowe, it was just not possible this year.

François

Hum ! :roll: Will you still talk to us poor proletarians....... B)

:lol: :lol:
                        Triumph TR6 - 1974 - Mimosa, O/D, black interior.

Comment

Robert,
                          I do hope, being in Quebec, you'll go see this movie. It's ``C'est pas moi je le jure``, she plays Lea. And yes, I'll still talk to you, after all, I'm only the driver!!

François

Comment

To all who where interested in a set of caliper brackets.

I've decided not to go ahead with the fabrication of this part. I believe that the design has a serious flaw that could end with one or both wheels flying off.
                            Let me explain.
                            The rear hub is not only bolted to the swing arm, but also piloted into it. By adding the caliper bracket, you would be eliminating this pilot and putting all the strain and effort the rear hub takes on the 6 studs. We all know the weakness these studs already have being threaded in the aluminum casting. A solution could be to incorporate a piloting sleeve to the bracket but the cost of the bracket set would then double.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience my decision will bring but like we say, better safe than sorry.

François

Comment

OUPPS :shock:

Anybody having already this kind of installation????

Any comments :?:
                              Triumph TR6 - 1974 - Mimosa, O/D, black interior.

Comment

Rear brake caliper mounting bracket

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,859   Posts: 493,133   Members: 56,868   Active Members: 174
                              Rovercooper
                              Welcome to our newest member, Rovercooper.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X