Michelin Redlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michelin Redlines

I just wanted to let you all know that Michelin has discontinued the production of their 185R15 Redline tires. We still have plenty of stock left, but once they're gone, they're gone. If anyone wants to get a group buy together we can get you a good discount on these tires, we only need 25 tires to get it going. I am the only one that can put the group buy orders in so feel free to contact me with any questions. My phone# is 1-800-251-6336 ext.256 or email me at [email protected], my name is Jerry. Thanks.

Hi Jerry,

Tell us more? These are the reproduction Redlines that are being Discontinued? The tires that Coker currently sells? I was unaware that Michelin was actually making the reproductions?

Anyway, what are they currently selling for now & what would a group buy get us?

Thanks,

Todd Bermudez
    6-PACK Membership Secretary
    CD198L
    CF25768UO
    So much rust, so little time

64 TR4 Overdrive Surrey
    68 TR250 Soon to have Overdrive & Surrey
    69 TR6 Overdrive Early with fender beads
    71 TR6 Hardtop Soon to have OD
    81 TR8 Injected Automatic...the LAST Automatic

Comment

Hmmm. Please clarify on the manufacture. I called Coker two or three years ago and was told then that the tires are not manufactured by Michelin but the name is licensed to whomever is making them. That's as much as the brain stored, unfortunately.

Comment

The normal price for them is $179.00 each, and the group buy price is $158.87.

They are the reproductions that Coker is currently selling. The molds are still owned by Michelin and the tires are still made by Michelin. We, Coker Tire, are a distributor for their vintage tire line.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer any of them.

Jerry

Comment

I just ordered 4 Michelin redlines from Jerry. He does work at Coker tire. Just call Coker and ask for extension 256. He honored the group buy price, even though I only bought 4. I have no affiliation with Coker or Jerry, just a satisfied customer. John

Comment

Jerry,
            how long can you store a Redline tire for before it would start to dry up? Say I have no need for the tires now, but I decide I want to hord a set for 10 years.
            Any advice for storing tires to preserve them?

Also, why is michelin discontinuing them?

Mike

Comment

Mike,

The shelf life of most tires is 7-10 years (sometimes more sometimes less) I would not recommend storing them for 10 years and then using them, it would just be too much of a gamble. The best way to preserve the tires is to keep them out of the sun and really humid or dry places. I wish I could tell you why Michelin is discontinuing these, every once in a while they discontinue a line for a while and then bring it back. Hopefully this answers your questions, let me know if you have any more.

Comment

I have a set off my TR6 that must be at least 12-15 years old... the TR handled like it was running on clogs. Honestly they are a nice looking tire, but there are better deals in terms of performance. IMHO

Comment

Yeah once they get that old the performance is horrible. It's like riding on a bias tire.

Comment

I would be interested in joining a group buy - need 4

Tonyc
                    '74 1/2 TR6

Hi Jerry,

Tell us more? These are the reproduction Redlines that are being Discontinued? The tires that Coker currently sells? I was unaware that Michelin was actually making the reproductions?

Anyway, what are they currently selling for now & what would a group buy get us?

Thanks,

Todd Bermudez
                    6-PACK Membership Secretary
                    CD198L
                    CF25768UO

Comment

Just wanted to find out more about the supply. I currently have Michelin Redlines on my 73. they are Tube tires being used on Steel Wheels. They could be 6 years old and it would be prudent to invest in a set of 4. What is the total cost for sending the tires to Oregon. Is there a affilate tire shop that will fit these to my wheels as part of the package? (Albany, Or.)
                      Tx

Comment

I would be interested in joining a group buy - need 4

Tonyc
                        '74 1/2 TR6
                        Tony,

Give me a call 1-800-251-6336 ext. 256. They are $185.87 each.

Jerry

Comment

Just wanted to find out more about the supply. I currently have Michelin Redlines on my 73. they are Tube tires being used on Steel Wheels. They could be 6 years old and it would be prudent to invest in a set of 4. What is the total cost for sending the tires to Oregon. Is there a affilate tire shop that will fit these to my wheels as part of the package? (Albany, Or.)
                          Tx
                          Green,

At the moment I do not have any in stock in my Fresno store, but can get some out there in about 3 weeks. Shipping from there is about $16-$17 per tire, but from TN it is about $30 per tire. I don't have any shops there that will mount them up for you, but most shops will be able to do it. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jerry

Comment

Hey guys, just a reminder that we only have about a week left on the group buy. Also management just let us know that there is going to be a 5% price increase come Jan 1, so if you know you are going to need these tires go ahead and get them now and save a couple buck. Contact me with any questions by email: [email protected] or phone: 1-800-251-6336 ext. 256

Jerry Preisel

Comment

please quote the price for one tire with shipping

Comment

Michelin Redlines

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,859   Posts: 493,133   Members: 56,868   Active Members: 174
                              Rovercooper
                              Welcome to our newest member, Rovercooper.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X