Redline Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robert;

Yes. That is the tire that is recommended on Diamondback's site.

Comment

I just purchased a set of the Universal redline radials. Took them for a quick ride yesterday before Irene came to town. I did not get free of traffic to test them in some twisty turns, but they are definitely better than the old Michelin X's that came on my car. After the weather passes I get out for a longer ride.

Here are some pictures.

Comment

I think I just figured out how to post pic in thread:

C:\\fakepath\\A1273046.JPG

C:\\fakepath\\A1273048.JPG

C:\\fakepath\\A1273050.JPG

C:\\fakepath\\A1273051.JPG

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Hi John, they look good. I look forward to some more feedback once you get a chance to drive on them for a little while.

Cheers,
                Tush
                81 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 81 Triumph TR8, 1973 Ford Capri
                73 Triumph TR6 CF4874UO, 68 Triumph TR250 CD5228LO
                62 Triumph TR4 CT6716LO, 60 Triumph TR3A TS69891LO
                60 Triumph TR3A TS64870LO, 59 Triumph TR3A TS44836LO
                https://www.youtube.com/user/cheftush

Comment

That's a copy of the Dunlop SP Sport tread :dry: Don't have a face view but it's pretty much identical:

Comment

I know I'm a little late to the party but I installed the Universal redlines on my '74 back in early August and have been very happy with the looks and ride. They feel good on the back country roads and at highway speeds. They also balanced very easily and seem to be much quieter than the Goodyear Eagle GT+4 I replaced.
                    Wayne M.
                    1974 Sapphire Blue
                    Geoff Dupont 5-speed conversion

Comment

Love the factory issued Redline look on TR6 2003 upgraded Michelin 185R15 with Coker Classics @time believe 205R78-15 other than casting marks on face of tire, appearance of tire in wheel well very close to factory issued 185's a little wider/slightly taller with ride & handling improvement, did have some issues with uneven wear even though balanced/aligned yearly. 2008 saw Diamondback Redlines 205/70/15 on a TR6 upgraded to set of those, Yokohama was the brand they shipped at the time, know someone that bought several months ago Cooper was the brand, Firestone preceded the Yokohama's.

Other than more rubber on the road with wider width, tires simply look right in wheel well (185's I could slide 3 fingers horizontally between top of tire & [email protected] fingers @rear*Diamondbacks 2 fingers front & rear) absolutely no rubbing on twisties, autoX, speed bumps, improvement in ride/handling. Speedo reads approx 4-5 mph lower with 205/70/15

Feature Diamondback does that's extra nice they buff all the lettering & casting markings off the face of tire that Redline is vulcanized to which really give an outstanding clean appearance, getting my TR6 another set while the getting is good!

Comment

I was considering the Diamondback tires.......but unless you buy the 185/15 Vredesteins which they sell for $249 per tire........ their other tires are not the original size and in a concours event where originality is the rule, one will lose points by not having the correct tire size. At least that is what I understand per the AACA rules.

Comment

Hi John, they look good. I look forward to some more feedback once you get a chance to drive on them for a little while.

Cheers,
                          Tush
                          I finally got out to drive on the Universal redlines a lot more. Yesterday, I drove about 160 miles on them and in feel that they are a fine tire for those wanting the original size. While you won't win an autocross with then, they are very stable and handle well.....even with a little extra speed thru some exit and entrance ramps from the intersate. I noticed that there were two other TR6's with them at the Brits at Peddlers Village show yesterday...just north of Philly.

Comment

Hi John,

Thanks for the report back.

Cheers,
                            Tush
                            81 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 81 Triumph TR8, 1973 Ford Capri
                            73 Triumph TR6 CF4874UO, 68 Triumph TR250 CD5228LO
                            62 Triumph TR4 CT6716LO, 60 Triumph TR3A TS69891LO
                            60 Triumph TR3A TS64870LO, 59 Triumph TR3A TS44836LO
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/cheftush

Comment

Hello Cygan, how do you like this tire, looking for tires for my 250 .
                              Thank you ,
                              Bruce

Comment

Redline Tires

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,863   Posts: 493,174   Members: 56,868   Active Members: 174
                              southjersey29
                              Welcome to our newest member, southjersey29.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X