X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A truly "Other Triumph" TR4

https://www.hemmings.com/auction/196...62-triumph-tr4

I hear a Johnny Cash song coming on!

Looks like a Volvo P1800 rear clip and an MGA bonnet on that thing. It getting close to Halloween.
    CF1634U+O Pimento/Chestnut
    2nd owner, since 1975
    Now in Fair Oaks, CA

Comment

I love it. But wouldn't buy it.
      1972 Sapphire TR6 #CC84,something

1973 Harvest Yellow MGB V8

Comment

My favorite is the "long bubble" right side door that is somehow duplicated quite well (in photos) on the left side, sans bubble. Too bad they didn't have 2 hoods!

Comment

The seller is a good friend of mine. He's a long time TR guy with amazing fabrication skills and the type of guy who hates to throw anything away. Many of the parts on this car came from a TR4 parts car that I gave him when I sold my TR4 race car. As you can see, he also salvaged parts from a P1800, parts left over from when he made 2 P1800's out of the 3 that he had. Whether you like this design or not, there is no compromise in the quality of the fabrication. 6-Pack members might be happy to know that he is slowly bringing a totally rusted out 76 TR6 back to life. Most people would have parted that TR6 out due to extensive rust in the body and frame, but to Dennis, it was the challenge to return the car to the road that attracted him. He also owns and drives the Commissar car, the 2000 saloon formerly owned by Todd Bermudez.

Comment

Thanks for that insight Irv. Sounds like your freind belongs to that select group (to which I proudly belong). of TR "squirles". We're all quite nuts.
            CF1634U+O Pimento/Chestnut
            2nd owner, since 1975
            Now in Fair Oaks, CA

Comment

Bruce, he's an architect and he sees things differently than most of us. And yes, he's a bit nuts but he has amazing skills. He did all of that car including all of the welding, metalwork, and paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwood View Post
                Bruce, he's an architect and he sees things differently than most of us. And yes, he's a bit nuts but he has amazing skills. He did all of that car including all of the welding, metalwork, and paint.
                It sold, Any details on the buyer, Elwood?
                1972 Sapphire TR6 #CC84,something

1973 Harvest Yellow MGB V8

Comment

We're going to the races together Saturday. I'll find out more then.

Comment

All i was able to find out is that the car is headed to Maine, sometime next month.

Comment

A truly "Other Triumph" TR4

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,743   Posts: 492,178   Members: 48,393   Active Members: 6,782
                    Welcome to our newest member, ixocolekenuc.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X