GT6 Cabin Air Vents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT6 Cabin Air Vents

They look identical to to those in the TR6, but the ones in the TR, at least 74 and later, are constructed differently.

http://bullfire.net/GT6/GT6-53/GT6-53.html

Ed

For just a little more, you can do it yourself!

I should pull one of mine apart, the butterfly valve feels loose and keeps closing itself. Helpful to see how these fit together!
    Bill Connell
    1969 TR6 CC28790
    TR6 project log
    St. Paul MN

Comment

If had a couple I have been stiving to tear up for a few years, with a plan to chrome the bezels.

Never took time to figure out how to bend the tabs...
      '74 TR6 CF13007U aka "Mr. T"
      Custom Blue (Delft-Like) and New Tan (Formerly Mallard and New Tan)
      Points, Ballast Bypassed, Bosch Blue Coil, Moss Cobalt Wires, Champion RN12YC plugs.
      Peaks and tweaks, but the spirit of Original
      Redlines always.
      My wife is the Driver, I'm just the Mechanic....

Comment

There's two types: metal ones with tabs that can be bent to get them apart and..... plastic ones that are glued together.... Here's a picture of the metal tab along with two painted with "chrome" paint and two done professionally with a spray on chrome process. I've got a bunch of pictures from when I took them apart if needed.
        Attached Files
        1975 Mimosa with a few upgrades/mods:
        Patton TBI
        HVDA Toyota 5 speed
        Goodparts Nissan Diff
        Goodparts CVJs
        AAW Wire Harness
        Miata Seats
        Boyd Welding Custom 15 gallon aluminum gas tank

Comment

Bobby-- As I mentioned in the article, my TR had the glued up plastic ones, which are tougher to do. These from the GT were an older design with the tabbed together metal shell, but different from your picture, so there must be at least three types.

Ed
          Last edited by ed_h; 01-08-2021, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ed_h View Post
            Bobby-- As I mentioned in the article, my TR had the glued up plastic ones, which are tougher to do. These from the GT were an older design with the tabbed together metal shell, but different from your picture, so there must be at least three types.

Ed
            Ed.... I wish I could remember the discussions I had with someone many years ago about the various designs and what other cars were compatible with the TR6..... ISTR that Francois was able to get the plastic ones apart with a tiny saw (Dremel maybe?) cutting on the glue seam. Here's his site but I can't find the pictures for cutting the vents apart https://sites.google.com/site/faucherf/home
            1975 Mimosa with a few upgrades/mods:
            Patton TBI
            HVDA Toyota 5 speed
            Goodparts Nissan Diff
            Goodparts CVJs
            AAW Wire Harness
            Miata Seats
            Boyd Welding Custom 15 gallon aluminum gas tank

Comment

Bobby--

I remember coming across some posts about disassembling the plastic vents while researching for the TR6. Maybe the same discussion you mention. It looked like a doable process, and i probably would have tried it if i hadnt been able to get decent results with less invasive techniques. I also remember seeing Francois' very nice site. He did some nice work. Wonder if he is still tinkering with Triumphs.

Ed

Comment

GT6 Cabin Air Vents

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,272   Posts: 488,014   Members: 13,083   Active Members: 614
              Welcome to our newest member, oceviliy.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X