• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT6 Cylinder Head

Very similar to the TR6 head.

http://bullfire.net/GT6/GT6-28/GT6-28.html

Ed

For just a little more, you can do it yourself!

Even more impressive than your usual very impressive work.
    Walt
    CC80954U '72 TR6 original condition/sold 16.500.
    poolboy rebuilt the Z-S Carbs. Philstr6 rebuilt both rear hubs.

Comment

Thanks for sharing Ed. Your site and your work really do inspire me.

What's the deck height on that head? The GT6 heads are pretty much the same as the 6 except that the early ones will give super high compression on a TR6 (12.1 to 1 or something like that). You can tell these because the combustion chamber is very very shallow. The later GT6's used a deeper combustion chamber with Domed pistons to increase compression - which runs contrary to what I've read about performance tuning a 6--pot - domed pistons for compression increase never really work out that well compared to flat top pistons and shaving the head.
      So long story short…..it looks like you got a useable head for a 6.

Here's an awesome reference guide to what you have:

https://www.chriswitor.com/cw_techni...ions_chart.pdf

Comment

Great work. Above my pay grade!

That chem bath readly did the do!

Thanks for sharing.

To the webmaster: The first pic, after the core plug removal with all the bits does not link to full size. 8636a?
        '74 TR6 CF13007U aka "Mr. T"
        Custom Blue (Delft-Like) and New Tan (Formerly Mallard and New Tan)
        Points, Ballast Bypassed, Bosch Blue Coil, Moss Cobalt Wires, Champion RN12YC plugs.
        Peaks and tweaks, but the spirit of Original
        Redlines always.
        My wife is the Driver, I'm just the Mechanic....

Comment

Golly Mr. Ed..That is so cool...I do like that way you do stuff. I may have to change engines to do another conversion and go through this again cause I miss it so... Oh hell, maybe not.
          Best Therapy
          http://www.britishv8.org/Triumph/AlbertGary.htm
          Zoom Zoom

Comment

Thanks for the nice comments, guys.

Originally posted by YankeeTR5 View Post
            What's the deck height on that head?

Here's an awesome reference guide to what you have:

https://www.chriswitor.com/cw_techni...ions_chart.pdf
            Yankee--Thanks. I found Chris Witor's site in my research. My head is stamped 517528, and according to Chris, it's correct for my car, and had a height of 3.300" from the factory. My head measured 3.290" because I had it shaved once many years ago. Unfortunately, Chris's table doesn't show the factory CR.

Originally posted by tr6harris View Post
            To the webmaster: The first pic, after the core plug removal with all the bits does not link to full size. 8636a?
            Thanks for the notice, Ken. I fixed it, but sometimes takes a while to show up.

Comment

Ed, you are fearless. And super meticulous. If I were retired I'd offer myself up as an intern, but my full speed ahead, bull in a China shop might put you off. lol.

Keep it coming.
              1972 Sapphire TR6 #CC84,something

1959 Red TR3 (Wife's)

Comment

I see that Ed has started a record of pages for the GT6 restoration. Very nice indeed. I take this time to call your attention to his TR6 "how to" source that of the 125 pages if the task is not listed there, you don't have to do it. He has a page for actually reconditioning the jack.

This is Mr. Ed's place. ://bullfire.net/TR6/TR6%20TOC.html Go there and check it out. You won't regret it.

Why this is not a link placed in Mr. Ed's signature is beyond me. I look forward to meeting you Mr. Ed.
                Last edited by TRick6; 03-25-2020, 06:42 PM.
                Best Therapy
                http://www.britishv8.org/Triumph/AlbertGary.htm
                Zoom Zoom

Comment

I've got nothing on you, Mr Gary. I bring up your page now and then for inspiration. You had me seriously thinking of an engine swap for the GT.

Ed

Comment

Very nice as usual, Ed. Thought I’d point out, even though I’m sure you are aware, adjustable reamers are available for just such situations as you encountered. They can be a bit pricey and if you already had the correct or close enough sized ones on hand, then probably not worth the expense. But they do exist.
                    Again really enjoy reading about your work, thanks for sharing.
                    ‘70 TR-6

Comment

Hi, Needle. Yes, if I'd had an adjustable reamer in that range, I probably would have tried it. I did happen to have the two fixed ones from the TR6 project. I didn't anticipate the 0.001 difference in stem sizes. All seemed good in the end.

Ed

Comment

GT6 Cylinder Head

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 38,723   Posts: 481,736   Members: 8,397   Active Members: 264
                      Welcome to our newest member, ajiupoconiiv.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

Working...
                      X