Yet another toy project I couldn’t pass up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another toy project I couldn’t pass up

Tush put me onto an ad on another website. Local to me which almost never happens. 1967 GT6 Mk1. Originally Valencia with light tan trim. I called the seller & remarked that I once moved a Valencia GT6 for the owner about 10 years prior. I drove 3 minutes up the road & hammered out a deal. The seller's older brother had died and he bought it from his widow. He decided to sell.

He sent me pics of the car. Turns out it was the car I moved 10 years ago. I was in the pics. Grey hair...go figure. He didn’t recognize me from the pics

The car is extremely solid. I learned the car was taken off the road in 75. At the time of purchase, the title and commission plate were lost. I had a good feeling though. While unloading the car I went thru all the boxes & books. Voila! Found both in an envelope in the shop manual. It was last transferred in 72. So sometime between 67 & 72, a PO painted three car BRG. The seller told me the light tan interior was changed to black shortly after the car was purchased in 72.

As you can see, half the paint was removed. I’ll be taking it back to Valencia with light tan. Great color combo!
    So much rust, so little time

64 TR4 Overdrive Surrey
    67 GT6 Mk1
    68 TR250 Soon to have Overdrive & Surrey
    71 TR6 Hardtop Soon to have OD
    81 TR8 Injected Automatic...the LAST Automatic

Awesome Todd! So glad you found both the Title and commission plate.

Rock On!

Cheers
    Tush
    81 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 81 Triumph TR8
    73 Triumph TR6 CF4874UO, 68 Triumph TR250 CD5228LO
    62 Triumph TR4 CT6716LO, 60 Triumph TR3A TS69891LO
    60 Triumph TR3A TS64870LO, 59 Triumph TR3A TS44836LO
    https://www.youtube.com/user/cheftush

Comment

Looks like you've got a solid starting point there. GT6 has been an under-appreciated car, IMO.

Good luck with it, and keep us posted.

Ed
      For just a little more, you can do it yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by ed_h View Post
        Looks like you've got a solid starting point there. GT6 has been an under-appreciated car, IMO.

Good luck with it, and keep us posted.

Ed
        You’re not wrong Ed. While they’re a bit awkward to get in/out, once in, they’re an absolute pleasure to drive!! Little while back, I found a 68 Mk2 for my son. It’s red, he likes red. I bought it for him & he paid me back. Rebushed everything, new clutch, fuel lines, etc. He’s serving in the Airforce @ Nellis. It just shipped to him last Thursday. But before I arranged shipping I had to drive it around our city’s belt. What a blast that was!!

64 TR4 Overdrive Surrey
        67 GT6 Mk1

Comment

Since the GT6 doesn't come as a convertible, it looks like your just remove the doors to get good air flow? Just interpreting the photos you included Todd. LOL
          Brian Cunningham
          1973 CF4325U Overdrive has been added
          "Liz's" Plate is: T-AH6

Comment

Originally posted by boulderroller View Post
            Since the GT6 doesn't come as a convertible, it looks like your just remove the doors to get good air flow? Just interpreting the photos you included Todd. LOL
            HA! There is something to be said about Mk1 GT6 & airflow. Something like it doesn’t exist. I think I read something on a UK site about how left hand drive cars melt the passenger. Which is ironic since it appeared on a site where most owners have RHD cars. Then again I may’ve written it? Guess that’s why they invented heat shield bits

64 TR4 Overdrive Surrey
            67 GT6 Mk1

Comment

Looks like a pretty solid one. Years ago a friend had an early GT6. We had a blast in that car until he got rear ended an totaled the car.

Comment

Yet another toy project I couldn’t pass up

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 38,705   Posts: 481,520   Members: 8,375   Active Members: 229
              Welcome to our newest member, oozuraro.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

Working...
              X