Bye-bye ugly TR8 rubber bumpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye-bye ugly TR8 rubber bumpers

Yesterday began the face lift on the TR8. Literally and figuratively.........

The guys at A&E started with the rear and are tweaking it in, little by little. They have to cut the rear inner support ends off and then the tight fitting will begin, after the inner is remounted and used as a support.

More to follow on the front end next week. For now Jorge is reworking the fiberglass to make sure it is smooth and has no waves in it.

Paul,

Looking forward to see the completed car.
    Have you decided between 'body colour' or Black bumpers?
    Henri
    1980 TR8
    1971 MGB GT

Comment

I think its gonna look hot. Looking forward to all your photos on this progress! I was on fleabay last night looking for 7/8's but nothing fit the bill.

Comment

Simon there is s very low miles limited edition gold TR8 that looks spectacular out there right now. If I didn't own this car, I would own that one.

Henri, this is what mine will look like with bumpers painted to match the body (less the black paint shown on this hood and with the stock tail lamps that you see on mine above).

I also have a black mesh grille instead of the bar grille shown here.

Before I stopped back at the body shop to drop off the LED lamp for the roll bar and the bolts, I had a nice surprise arrive via priority mail. I had obtained a second hood support rod assembly for the TR8 and I sent it to a friend for dipping and coating and it is now awaiting installation as a shiny new addition to the engine compartment.

Just a little more detail bling to add to the party going on under there.

They are getting closer. The ends are cut off of the rear bumper support and it's back on the car. They are making a spacer to run along the top to shift the new bumper up an inch and they are making a black rubber seal to run along the edge of the new rear bumper between the it and the rear panel. That will finish any slight gap off nicely. Once that is ready for paint, they will start fitting the new parking and fog lamps to the front panel before fitting it to the car.

I have more pics tomorrow or next Tuesday.

Comment

I haven't seen that front bumper before, looks real nice.
          Changes the whole look of the car.

The european rear bumper was like that without the built in bumperettes.

Al

Comment

Al, I almost bought one of those from Rimmer, but then I came upon this conversion and ordered it. There was nothing I could do with a stock smaller front bumper, so this was the best option, IMHO.

Comment

I no longer have a TR8, but I'am curious where you got the conversion.

"Just in case"

Al

Comment

Al,

Just in case....or even if you ever have a friend with an MGB that they want to look better.

Mor Speed Performance

Comment

Thanks,

Neat stuff.

Al

Comment

Paul,

Very very nice! I especially like the look of the front end.

Rick

Comment

Thanks Rick. Some guys like them, some guys hate them. To each their own, but to me, they are much better looking than the bumpers that were on there.

Comment

Getting closer every day. The devil is always in the details and there is a lot of tedious work in getting all of this stuff to fit perfectly, but they are getting there.

Comment

One step closer to the Day of Triumph show on Sunday. The final wet sanding is taking place this AM on the front bumper cover and the final coat of primer and dry sanding will happen before lunch. The color should be on by the end of the day. The rear is all ready for paint.

Comment

Almost done, picking it up Friday morning. The paint is a much better match than it looks on the rear.

Comment

That is one sexy car!
                              1975 Mimosa with a few upgrades/mods:
                              Patton TBI
                              HVDA Toyota 5 speed
                              Goodparts Nissan Diff
                              Goodparts CVJs
                              AAW Wire Harness
                              Miata Seats
                              Boyd Welding Custom 15 gallon aluminum gas tank

Comment

Bye-bye ugly TR8 rubber bumpers

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 38,946   Posts: 484,117   Members: 9,384   Active Members: 640
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lamarau.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X