Sports 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports 6

I don't know how many six packers are also in Cape Cod club, but I've been watching the ex pres (Doc Dunkley's) Sport 6 on Ebay.

They aren't everyone cup 'o tea, but the North American model of the Vitesse is probabley next only to an Italia in rarity.

That looks like a real nice example - any one seen it live, is the car nice, or is he an excellent photographer?

Doug

Doug,

I saw this car last October at the Cape Cod British Car Show. I don't know anything about the Sports 6's, but it looked real nice. Here are the photos that I took:

Hopefully that's at least a little helpful. I can send you even larger versions if you'd like.

Chris

Comment

That is a cool car! Never seen or heard of one before. I like the minimalist dash.

Comment

It's a Herald with a bigger engine.

Not, you understand, that there's anything wrong with that.
        I'm really not that interesting...

Comment

It was recently featured on the Bring a Trailer blog as well...a great website that will make you feel like parting with your money daily on new classic cars.

-Chris

Comment

The car is in great shape & you would certainly stand out from the crowd at the shows.

I understand he also has a TR6: I guess it is saying somthing to keep it & sell this one.

Comment

He has tweaked it just enough: replaced the 1600cc 6 - yes 6 cylinder- for a GT6 engine with O/D tranny.

Kept the original motor as well, but parts are getting iffy on the little engine.

Its lighter than a TR6 so it should scoot along well.

Comment

A couple of guys in the local club run these, and Heralds.
                Great family cars, they have kids and drive them long distance and on many arduous club runs.
                A TR is a TR.
                CF1634U+O Pimento/Chestnut
                2nd owner, since 1975
                Now in Fair Oaks, CA

Comment

Nice car, how many of these were imported into the USA? Seems like a rare bird.

Comment

RossL,

The word is that 679 were sold in the U.S., as a limited edition automobile. According to Mike Cook's book, these were the first 6 cylinder Triumphs sold in the U.S.

Bill

Comment

Hi Guys,
                      car came in two versions in the UK 1600cc (4 cylinder) and later 2000cc(6 cylinder) as hard top or convertible. You bought one or the other. Have a look at google images with the triumph Vitesse search. The 6 cylinder engine was the same as the tr6 and used in the larger saloon, the 2000 which later had the TR6 engine capacity of 2500cc. I believe that the extra capacity was gained by increasing the stroke and keeping the bore the same as our engines.
                      Don

Comment

Sports 6

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 38,946   Posts: 484,116   Members: 9,383   Active Members: 639
                      Welcome to our newest member, Lamartu.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X