No hot start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No hot start.

The Wedge has developed a problem a while ago which I figured was ECM file problems. My tuner says heat. I didn't think so. I thought bad files.

HE WINS!

So when it is hot it won't start.Motor spins well.
    Let it cool starts right up.
    Drove it around a while and pulled it back in the garage. No start. Popped the hood and put the timing light on it and no light.
    Been Googling stuff and I had already figured it was the Ignition module or the coil.
    Any body familiar with GM's early 90's F body Ign Modules and know how to diagnois?

I remember those things. They were cheap enough to carry a couple as spares. I can't help on diagnosing. Whenever my car died, I simply popped in a new module and off it went. I do recall heat killing them easily tho.

Comment

New module and added a fuel pressure gauge.
      Restarts now and the module is not even warm after a drive. The coil is pretty warm though.Anybody know a coil temp?

Fuel pressure at park at 2200-3000at constant throttle at various spots between there 28lbs.
      The tuning will continue

Comment

There is a wedge guru, his url could probably be found on the other lbc forum... Basil's site... can't even recall his name right now. But several folks in the BCCH who do have Wedge's talk about receiving advice from him...(mostly about going to a Holley carb),

Comment

There is a wedge guru, his url could probably be found on the other lbc forum... Basil's site... can't even recall his name right now. But several folks in the BCCH who do have Wedge's talk about receiving advice from him...(mostly about going to a Holley carb),
          I happen to have a Holley/GM 215 manifold combo if anyone wants to go that route with their 8

Comment

Which Holley? 390? And how much do you want for it?
            I'm really not that interesting...

Comment

Likely either Mike Perkins or Todd Kisbach.
              You can find both on BritishV8.org
              All else fails, try Woody's forum.

Comment

Todd is on the BCF, don't remember if Mike is, but Mike is more active on the Wedgeshop site and the forum on TR7.com

Comment

Woody is the 'wedgemeister'.

Comment

Woody be da man with those cars. He sold me some impossible to find injection bits for cheap.

Alan -

Here are some pix of what I have. I have no idea if it's a 390 for sure but it looks pretty similar to what was supposed to be a 390 on my rotary years ago. Vacuum secondaries, electric choke, single pump. As to what I'd want for it? Hell, I don't know. Horse trade for some 250 parts? I need a grille and dash for sure. I also have a full twin stromberg setup for the 8 with linkages.

Comment

You have any idea what a grille for a 250 is worth

Comment

You have any idea what a grille for a 250 is worth
                        Yep. I never said I wasn't willing to throw cash at the problem. Nothing will ever pop loose if you don't ask. I've yet to find a perfect one but I found one 'serviceable' one for $150 and a couple rebuildable ones for $100 though. I suspect a perfect one is gonna be $400-700. If repairing one is the path I have to take, then so be it. I need another commonplace item as well, 250 seats.

Comment

I saw a good one go for $750 last year.
                          Wasn't NOS, so don't blame poor old NikkiSupreme either

I can't help you - I have neither seats nor grille.
                          In fact I'd like a 250 grille. I have a decent one for a 4 right now, but that's it.

Comment

In fact I'd like a 250 grille. I have a decent one for a 4 right now, but that's it.
                            You are more than welcome to dig through my discards when I am done

Comment

No hot start.

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 38,945   Posts: 484,112   Members: 9,381   Active Members: 637
                            Welcome to our newest member, Lamarqe.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                            X