BIG NOS Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG NOS Stuff

Someone just showed me this eBay auction for a NOS top, frame & all the pieces needed to install the top. According to the description, 30 years ago they bought up the balance of BL's inventory for this complete kit. Included in the description is that they also bought up BL's supply of TR6 front fenders and hoods. Not reproductions but factory line production pieces.......... I don't know if that's good or bad And it turns out that they're just an hour down the road in Stamford. Any of you Connecticut Gold Coast guys ever visit Sports & Classics?
    1975 Mimosa with a few upgrades/mods:
    Patton TBI
    HVDA Toyota 5 speed
    Goodparts Nissan Diff
    Goodparts CVJs
    AAW Wire Harness
    Miata Seats
    Boyd Welding Custom 15 gallon aluminum gas tank

Bobby:

I have not been there but over the years I have seen them sell this complete top item over and over. Also I know one Connecticut Six owner that paid the BIG bucks for one and other NOS stuff from them. He went down to pick it up and told me they have plenty on the shelf.
    Best Therapy
    http://www.britishv8.org/Triumph/AlbertGary.htm
    Zoom Zoom

Comment

I've been avoiding going near Stamford for a long time now......

Comment

I also know someone locally who spent $2K on the top. It looks nice but not worth the money compared to the quality aftermarket tops available.
        1976 Mimosa Yellow TR6, sold.
        1971 Royal Blue TR6

Comment

I agree with Stuart. You can take that money, get your frame powdercoated to last for life and add a modern top. Some things are best left to a trailered show car...

Comment

Bob,
            They used to be located on the Post Road in Darien but now the store has been converted into an overpriced patio accessory shop.
            The new address on the web is off of exit 9 (I-95). I have been past there but never seen his shop unless it is behind the building.
            The website is sketchy so he may just be concentrating on Ebay only.
            http://www.sportsnclassics.com/
            Tom C

Comment

I've dealt with them when they were in Darian, lots of great NOS stuff. They first started selling them at like 1800.00 but like everything else it keeps going up. Yes you could buy nicer tops, but if you have a concours car and not all are trailer queens this would be the way I would go. It's the correct top with the Vyak stampings in red and the quarter window, you can not find any tops like that today, unless they are NOS. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers
              mr. jim

Comment

BIG NOS Stuff

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 38,945   Posts: 484,110   Members: 9,381   Active Members: 637
              Welcome to our newest member, Lamarqe.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X