Oh boy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh boy...

It would appear that I've caught the LBC bug... Somehow I ended up buying a '67 TR4a today? Its somewhat rough, but very complete having had one owner since new. It still has the original license plates on it for crying out loud? She runs and drives too. Sadly, my plan is to do a little work and sell it. Wish I could keep her, but my stable is pretty full right now with five other cars and a bike in it.

She'll be available in a while though if anyone is looking. I'd like to see her go to a goodhome.

My father owned one, bought new. Wouldn't mind replacing it. Let me know when you get ready to sell.

Chris

Comment

Fat Boy,

Would love to see some pics of her.

Cheers,
      Tush
      81 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 81 Triumph TR8
      73 Triumph TR6 CF4874UO, 68 Triumph TR250 CD5228LO
      62 Triumph TR4 CT6716LO, 60 Triumph TR3A TS69891LO
      60 Triumph TR3A TS64870LO, 59 Triumph TR3A TS44836LO
      https://www.youtube.com/user/cheftush

Comment

I'll see what I can do this weekend when I pick her up Tush.

Comment

It's guys like you that get me into trouble

Cheers,
          Tush

Comment

Its guys like me that get ME into trouble... My cousin told me last night that I need to check into the Henry Ford clinic. I've owned more cars than years I've been alive. This makes 36 cars for me (only 6 currently ) plus 9 motorcycles, 6 snowmobiles, 2 dunebuggys, and a plane...

Some folks say that I have a problem, I think its my wife who has the problem? :roll:

Comment

Right now, for a single guy, I have 5...6 if you count the TR3 that I cut in half that is standing like stonehenge off to the side of my garage.....

7 is my limit though

Cheers,
              Tush

Comment

Good to know your limits man, and good to know you still have room in the stable.

I guess if we are counting current half car yard art I have to include the butchered '43 Chevy G506 army truck in mine as well...

Whatcha doing with the other half???

Comment

7 is my limit though
                  Not if I have anything to say about it!

Cheers,

Todd
                  So much rust, so little time

64 TR4 Overdrive Surrey
                  67 GT6 Mk1
                  68 TR250 Soon to have Overdrive & Surrey
                  71 TR6 Hardtop Soon to have OD
                  81 TR8 Injected Automatic...the LAST Automatic

Comment

Todd,

I was going to mention your name in the previous post....you are the devil :evil:

That's ok...l have MGEdit(Mike) trying to convince me to buy that Triumph Continental on Ebay B)

Cheers,
                    Tush

Comment

Well, got her home yesterday, still trying to sort through all the odds and ends and get to where I can get some pics to post. Driver side floor is gone under the pedals, both rear wing top seams will need done, but other than that its good, solid, and straight! Found the original factory service record documenting that it has been regularly serviced by the dealer its whole used life, very cool. Frame is sound and un-cracked, wiring harness is uncut, unmolested, and very clean, still even has the original spare fuses in the fuse box. In fact it still has lucas headlights... and they both work well on high and low! Seems to be missing the hood emblem (globe) and the 'H' from the trunk. Oddly, the holes for it have been filled, so now I own a 'Triump'?

It has been resprayed (still in the original color) at some point in its life. Very complete overall though, and, despite being on blocks in storage for the last 7 years, she fired up well when we got her home. Carbs were pulled, drained and plugged for storage, as well as the block. Pulled the valve cover and the inside of the motor looks tight and clean. It shows 97,000 and some change on the clock, but looks to have been well maintained. All in all I'm pretty pleased with her.

I'll update more as I learn it, and get some pics up asap.

Comment

Right now, for a single guy, I have 5...6 if you count the TR3 that I cut in half that is standing like stonehenge off to the side of my garage.....

7 is my limit though

Cheers,
                        Tush
                        Do you think 7 will have 2 less wheels than usual?

Comment

After a series of project cars and all around sh*tboxes that were too far gone for my feeble abilities, I bought a really sweet 67 4A in early 1974. Beautiful white paint, wire wheels, header and Stebro exhaust, 185 redlines from a TR6, fold down headrest seats from a 69 TR6, HS6 carbs, and a solid rear axle. I LOVED that car, and even though I sold it to buy a new TR6 in the fall of 74, I STILL regret selling that car. The more you drive your 4A, the tougher it may get to sell it.

Comment

Lol, That seems to be the general concensus. I fear the same, and therefore plan to put it on the market as soon as its done. I have always liked the TR4/TR250 bodies the best, and with the BRG/Black color combo this sucker is about perfect for my ideal. I do wish it had wires instead of disks, but at least it retains all of its original hubcaps. It really is a good platform for resto, givin its originality. I can't believe how unmolested this thing is. The more I dig into her, the more it shocks me. For instance, in cleaning out the trunk, I found what I can only assume to be the original luggage rack straps, dirty, but perfectly good. The only part of the original wiring that has any damage is about a 6' section that connects to the pass side horn thats frayed. Thing runs like a top too, despite currently having fairly large holes in the carb diaphragms. I really think that she is gonna make a nice driver. The plan is to do a decent restore, not concours or anything (don't have the budget for that) and make a good driver out of her. I'm sure there will still be plenty for the future owner to tinker with though. (isn't there always?)

Comment

i bot my '74tr6 15 yrs ago, my tr250 12 yrs ago, and my tr4a about 4 years ago, after i saw it advertised in local paper. woman had divorced her husband, moved back near woodstock ny where we live, and had the car shoehorned into a storage rental locker. the couple had owned it for 15+ yrs, and all she could do was look at it and think about how much she hated her ex. it had the cleanest undercarraige and engine compartment i've ever seen, has overdrive, IRS, and the only real issue was that it sat outside a couple of seasons and had some surface rust on the bonnet and trunk. she wanted $2,900; i bid her $2,600, and walked away with it. Got home and told my wife that i just had to have one TR for each of my three sons. She barely bought that logic, but reminded me that since I've neutered myself there are no more kids, and no more TRs, coming into our home. Bottom line, you might not want to give up the TR4a once you bring it back to life.

Comment

Oh boy...

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 38,945   Posts: 484,114   Members: 9,381   Active Members: 637
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lamarqe.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X