Can't win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't win

She's seen the Piggott book - or rather the TR3.

'Why don't you have one of those' she says 'they look cool. I like them. Why are you wasting all your money on one of those ugly ones?'

I swear some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints...
    I'm really not that interesting...

Well, I would call that 'a future opening'....after all, you want to please Her don't you?

Cheers,
    Tush
    81 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 81 Triumph TR8
    73 Triumph TR6 CF4874UO, 68 Triumph TR250 CD5228LO
    62 Triumph TR4 CT6716LO, 60 Triumph TR3A TS69891LO
    60 Triumph TR3A TS64870LO, 59 Triumph TR3A TS44836LO
    https://www.youtube.com/user/cheftush

Comment

There's a gorgeous black/red one on eBay.
      I can't afford it though - have to pay for paint for the 'ugly one'.

:roll:

Comment

Alan,

If I remember correctly, you said you would might want to get a 3 one of these days when I visited you this past fall.

But I dont think the TR-250 or any Triumph is not ugly at all.

As far as my situation, the wife likes the 4 better because with her it is all about comfort.

I am sure the 6 will suit her just fine.

Since I have never driven a 6 yet, I cannot attest to the differences in ride etc. But the 3 captured my attention over 40 years ago ant it still has not let go.

Comment

She hates the 6.
          Just about tolerated the 8 - but that's moot.
          I'm putting cats on the 250. That says it all...

Comment

There's a gorgeous black/red one on eBay.
            I can't afford it though - have to pay for paint for the 'ugly one'.

:roll:
            Yes, that car belongs to Kaptain Krylon. The guy that sprays the whole underbody of all his cars with Silver and Black Krylon spray bombs.

Comment

See that's the problem with eBay.
              She saw that and said 'I want it, it's shiny and I like the interior'.

Comment

It is the 'nesting-decorator' instinict. On the otherhand if it wasn't for my wife I'd probably have newspapers for curtins! 8^)

Comment

Or....a cinder block and plank entertainment center and bookshelves! :roll:
                  CF1634U+O Pimento/Chestnut
                  2nd owner, since 1975
                  Now in Fair Oaks, CA

Comment

I knew a guy who had that AND he was married.
                    (He was a Scot).

Comment

Alan, I live in the same world as you. The day I brought the 6 home (in 1992) my wife asked why I bought an ugly sports car. To this day she says she almost cried when she saw it. Claims it looks too much like an american muscle car and isn't cute like a british sports car is supposed to be. Once I got it on the road 3 years later it was deemed not just ugly but also smelly and it messed up her hair.

Fast forward 16 years. 2 weeks ago she saw a pic of a TR3 on the cover of a book and asked why I don't have a cute triumph like that one. Said she'd happily ride anywhere with me if I had a cute Triumph like to one on the book. My bet is that once she found out how smelly a TR3 is and how windblown it makes your hair she'd change her mind but by then...I'd already have the car in my garage

I tried to entice her with the looks of a 250 but now that she's seen a 3 she wants nothing to do with the 250 having dubbed them 'not as cute as a TR3'.

*sigh*
                      73 TR6
                      Libertyville, IL
                      My TR6

Comment

Ok,

What you guys need to do is attend the next British Car show that features all Triumphs from the 2 up to the 8 and then ask a guy with a 2 or 3 to give your wifes a short ride in the countryside with the top down.

Insure it is not a recently paved road, maybe one of those secondary roads that winds and maybe has a few frost bumps.

It would also be better if it was in the early spring or maybe around October in the North East.

The 3 rear suspension will jolt your kidneys. There is not much give. Similar to any standard or sport motorcycle.

Now if you really want to show the major difference between a 3 and a 6 is let it rain. Put up the top and the side curtains and they will instantly see the difference.

My wife and me drove from Utica, NY to Watkins Glen and back in a light rain in September of 2008 in the 3 and well there is a reason I keep a towel behind the seats.

Anyway, when the rain backed off it was a blast but cold weather, rough roads and rain are not the 3's friend.

Nevertheless, during the warmer summer months, it is a blast and the wife really enjoys the rides to the lake after work for a light dinner and some long walks along the shore and a bit of reading in the sun before the ride home.

In fact, we both don't really care if it is the 3 or 4.

Soon, (I hope) we will also have a 6 to choose from for the rides and I am sure the choice will be determined by which car is easier to extract from the garage!

Comment

See that's the problem with eBay.
                          She saw that and said 'I want it, it's shiny and I like the interior'.
                          Sounds like my wife, Alan.

'Buy that one... It's yellow.'

Comment

She's seen the Piggott book - or rather the TR3.

'Why don't you have one of those' she says 'they look cool. I like them. Why are you wasting all your money on one of those ugly ones?'

I swear some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints...
                            alana, when I got my TR3 back after a 22 year absent my wife claimed it immediately. I just ordered Prestige plates which say HIS TR6 and HER TR3. I finally got some time to do some serious work on the car yesterday and she informed me she didn't like the color of the seats and I will have to change them. It is a small price to to have another Triumph. My son has informed that I have to order a MY MGA plate for the MGA. It is now a family affair.

Comment

Can't win

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 38,945   Posts: 484,110   Members: 9,381   Active Members: 637
                            Welcome to our newest member, Lamarqe.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                            X