Service Sucks Some times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Sucks Some times

Dropped off the Wedge to get a speaker cover replaced and added an electric antenna. Told them the wiring is there for it and should be no trouble.They said they doubt it so I said check.
    They called me later and said the wiring that was there was not it. I said OK. I hung up ,looked to my wife and said'BS'
    Picked the car up took it home and looked . Double checked the schematic and 'I knew I was right'
    Just spent a couple of hours tearin there wiring out and hooked it up with the factory wires.

My DEAL. I can see them telling someone with a late model American or typical European or Asian car what they probably have. When someone comes in with a 30 year old car that they have no clue with the wiring they should either check on the web and if that does not work ask the owner for a schematic.
    Cost me an extra hour of labor and they drilled thru one of the sill plugs to run the wires thru.
    Going back tomorrow or Monday and let them know my disdain and thank them for a good product at least.

That's the kind of stuff that makes a guy nutsy ! :x
    Jim / NW Ohio
    "Tillie"... a '74 dressed like a '69 / CF14608U
    Blog: www.trippstr6.blogspot.com

Comment

Certainly all the more reason why we should do our best to work on our cars....

I get so 'mad' when I must take a car in (usually one of our Volvos) for some dealer work and get the 'full service' treatment at $85 an hour...

Comment

Dave,

I just visited the Reincarnation web site and was VERY impressed. Looks to me like the kind of shop a guy would be proud to work for, not to mention being able to be upclose and personal with some really cool iron!! B)
        Jim / NW Ohio
        "Tillie"... a '74 dressed like a '69 / CF14608U
        Blog: www.trippstr6.blogspot.com

Comment

Looks to me like the like of shop a guy would be proud to work for, not to mention being able to be up close and personal with some really cool iron!!
          Yes, indeed. I am extremely lucky to be working there, especially after having been on the dole for almost 7 months.... At present, the shop is privy to two 1969 XKE FHC's, a 1955 Austin Healey BN1 (100 series), a TR4, an MGA, and a Mercedes 120 type-A cabriolet.

I'm definitely getting a great education.

Comment

My 2 cents worth. If you don't want to have that shop quit working on LBC's altogether, may I suggest.. talk to the higher up. Tell them that your concern is the tech who was working on the vehicle was unfamiliar with the car. When he told the service advisor/manager that the wiring was wrong, the service advisor/manager should have had the shop foreman ck with the tech to investigate further.

Sounds like the tech does not know these cars and is concerned with bottom line only. All dealerships are run by the bottom line. They forgot the credo long ago, that their job is to fix cars, and that's how they make money... Now it's run by how much are we going to make off of this job.

Comment

Boy, this thread got dug out of the grave.
              HG, whom were you addressing?

Comment

DNK, and anyone else that takes their car into a shop for repair, service, etc...

Comment

My repair place was the local audio shop on the corner.
                  I did go in and tell them my displeasure with the way they did it and informed them I had to redo what they did.

Comment

Service Sucks Some times

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 38,933   Posts: 484,037   Members: 9,307   Active Members: 592
                  Welcome to our newest member, otivimo.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

Working...
                  X