No announcement yet.

Ashamed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The events of January 6th, 2021 are a fascinating addition to US history. Tragedy not withstanding.

What this guy did was to raise an army that was stronger then the army that General Robert E. Lee raised.
    Almost totally without resistance, they attacked & infiltrated the United States at a weak point and paraded the Confederate Flag throughout the halls of the US Congress in Washington D.C.

The leader was a well-known and widely acknowledged racist. This episode was like a continuation of the US Civil War.
    Is it over yet? Hell no. At least, not for the racism that prevails.

Has progress been made towards equality for all races in the USA?
    Well, it is slowly getting better as more non-white people are being appointed to significant positions in operating this great nation of ours.
    Ever so slowly, getting a little better.
    Walt
    CC80954U '72 TR6 original condition/sold 16.500.
    poolboy rebuilt the Z-S Carbs. Philstr6 rebuilt both rear hubs.

Comment

You know what's unbelievable to me.......

That Trump actually got as many votes as he did in November 2020.

Yes, Biden received the all time record number of votes. But Trump was second all time number of votes. 74 million votes to Biden's 80 million. Now granted, Uncle Joe got more, but he barely squeaked the electoral college. But what FREAKS ME OUT is that ANYONE could vote for this human piece of garbage named Donald Trump. Well, 74 million people voted for an insane man who talks in circles, who is incompetent, who idolizes despots around the world (Kim, Putin, that clown in Saudi Arabia, etc.) The man is certifiably insane (for clarity, he's mentally unhinged, unwell, should be institutionalized) and a disgrace. Yet 74 million Americans voted for him. You aren't going to change those minds too easily. The Democrats should have been able to field a gerbil and win hands down. Instead, it was a nail-biter.

It's also interesting to me (albeit as a Canadian) that only with the events of January 6'th have some members of the GOP finally seen the light and turned on the orange clown. (Lindsey Graham in his speech in the Senate comes to mind.) What, did they miss the entire last 4 years? Only NOW do a few of them turn on Turmp. (And then you have idiots like Ted Cruz, who continue in their support of the orange clown.)

It's crazy.

Watching the GOP support a madman like Trump is like that Peter Sellers movie, "Being There" come to life. You just want to ask them, "Are you out of your collective minds?"

Over the last 4 years, I kept waiting for one key Cabinet official, or one key Republican to come forward and state the obvious, "Folks, Donald Trump is an utter madman, he's insane and he needs to be removed from office" Instead you got crickets. (Well, Mitt Romney stepped up to the plate during the impeachment vote, he is a man I can respect, but they all attacked Mitt.)

The events of January 6'th were incredible to watch, but frankly, the entire last 4 years have been insane to watch. It's been a dumpster fire. January 6'th was just the cherry on top.

Oh, and there's still 11 days to go. A lot can happen in 11 days. So here's hoping Trump doesn't cook off a few nukes in the mean time.
      Last edited by ChandlerEast; 01-09-2021, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Reminds me of this Saturday Night Live skit from a couple of years ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=aXzjxVYPjys

My only belief is that some stayed around to keep him in check so he didnt do even more damage. We will hear about them in the coming years, those who beared the pain and stayed inside to help herd the cat.
        '74 TR6 CF13007U aka "Mr. T"
        Custom Blue (Delft-Like) and New Tan (Formerly Mallard and New Tan)
        Points, Ballast Bypassed, Bosch Blue Coil, Moss Cobalt Wires, Champion RN12YC plugs.
        Peaks and tweaks, but the spirit of Original
        Redlines always.
        My wife is the Driver, I'm just the Mechanic....

Comment

Originally posted by ChandlerEast View Post
          Yes, Biden received the all time record number of votes. But Trump was second all time number of votes. 74 million votes to Biden's 80 million. Now granted, Uncle Joe got more, but he barely squeaked the electoral college. But what FREAKS ME OUT is that ANYONE could vote for this human piece of garbage named Donald Trump. Well, 74 million people voted for an insane man who talks in circles, who is incompetent, who idolizes despots around the world (Kim, Putin, that clown in Saudi Arabia, etc.) The man is certifiably insane (for clarity, he's mentally unhinged, unwell, should be institutionalized) and a disgrace. Yet 74 million Americans voted for him. You aren't going to change those minds too easily.
          You will hear continuously about American "echo chambers" and "focused media". (i.e. Fox News, Newsmax, etc.) It takes very little insight to spot these, even when they purport to be a source of information. However there is a concentration of people with questionable insight in the segments of American society responsible for these atrocities.

This wasn't true 20 years ago. This might be a little thick to read, but it has HUGE implications.

The educational landscape of the U.S. has changed dramatically since 1996, when Bill Clinton was seeking his second term as president.

At that time, nearly half of registered voters (47%) had never attended college; another three-in-ten (29%) had some college experience but no four-year degree, and roughly a quarter (24%) had at least a four-year college degree.

Today, only 32% have never attended college, while another third have some college experience and no degree and 36% have at least a four-year degree.

The educational profile of Democratic voters has changed dramatically since 1996. At that time, voters with no college experience made up about half of Democratic voters (51%); today, just 28% have not attended college. The share of Democratic voters with at least a four-year degree has increased from 22% to 41%.

During the same period, the share of Republican voters with a four-year college degree is mostly unchanged (27% then to 30% today) and is down from 2012, when 34% of Republicans had a four-year college degree.

As a result, college graduates make up a much larger share of Democratic than Republican voters (41% vs. 30%). In 1996, Republican voters were more likely than Democrats to have at least a four-year degree (27% vs. 22%).

The rise in educational attainment among voters, combined with the growing ethnic diversity of the electorate, has had very different impacts on the Democratic and Republican coalitions.

In 1996, 63% of all registered voters, including majorities of Republicans (68%) and Democrats (58%), were whites who did not have a four-year college degree.

Since then, the share of non-college white voters has declined 20 percentage points. But while this group still constitutes a 57% majority of Republican voters – a share that has changed little since 2004 – non-college whites only make up 30% of Democratic voters.

The Democratic coalition is now a mix of non-college whites, whites with at least a four-year college degree (28%), nonwhites who have not completed college (also 28%) and nonwhites with at least a four-year degree (12%). The largest share of Republican voters are non-college whites (57%), followed by whites with a college degree (25%), nonwhites who do not have a degree (12%) and those who have completed college (4%).
          --In Changing U.S. Electorate, Race and Education Remain Stark Dividing Lines, Pew Research, 6/2/20. ( https://www.pewresearch.org/politics...ividing-lines/)

Now, today you'll find a world of people who think they're smarter than their lawyer, their doctor, their kid's teachers, and anybody else who holds a position they don't qualify for. People get this way by living in echo chambers that told them how wonderful they are, often at first their friends and families but eventually moving on to for-profit media outlets and politically focused social media. It's comfortable. The McCarthy era in the 1950s invented the term "egghead" to deride people in this manor. Today the term used is often "snowflake", or descriptors like "over-educated".

This Illusory Superiority builds into a feedback loop in segments of society, as does the sense of entitlement that comes with it. If one is "taking back your country", but can't name from whom beyond your fellow citizens, this is your issue.

As a final point, one need only look at the people in that mob. I can't speak for anyone else, but I didn't see or hear a single person with whom I'd want to exchange IQs, transcripts, grade averages, or credit scores.

Comment

Good video from Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

• Dave@Moon3
              [email protected] commented
              Editing a comment
              I was just about to link this myself. Inspiring.

Originally posted by ChandlerEast View Post
            You know what's unbelievable to me.......

That Trump actually got as many votes as he did in November 2020.

Yes, Biden received the all time record number of votes. But Trump was second all time number of votes. 74 million votes to Biden's 80 million. Now granted, Uncle Joe got more, but he barely squeaked the electoral college. But what FREAKS ME OUT is that ANYONE could vote for this human piece of garbage named Donald Trump. Well, 74 million people voted for an insane man who talks in circles, who is incompetent, who idolizes despots around the world (Kim, Putin, that clown in Saudi Arabia, etc.) The man is certifiably insane (for clarity, he's mentally unhinged, unwell, should be institutionalized) and a disgrace. Yet 74 million Americans voted for him. You aren't going to change those minds too easily. The Democrats should have been able to field a gerbil and win hands down. Instead, it was a nail-biter.

It's also interesting to me (albeit as a Canadian) that only with the events of January 6'th have some members of the GOP finally seen the light and turned on the orange clown. (Lindsey Graham in his speech in the Senate comes to mind.) What, did they miss the entire last 4 years? Only NOW do a few of them turn on Turmp. (And then you have idiots like Ted Cruz, who continue in their support of the orange clown.)

It's crazy.

Watching the GOP support a madman like Trump is like that Peter Sellers movie, "Being There" come to life. You just want to ask them, "Are you out of your collective minds?"

Over the last 4 years, I kept waiting for one key Cabinet official, or one key Republican to come forward and state the obvious, "Folks, Donald Trump is an utter madman, he's insane and he needs to be removed from office" Instead you got crickets. (Well, Mitt Romney stepped up to the plate during the impeachment vote, he is a man I can respect, but they all attacked Mitt.)

The events of January 6'th were incredible to watch, but frankly, the entire last 4 years have been insane to watch. It's been a dumpster fire. January 6'th was just the cherry on top.

Oh, and there's still 11 days to go. A lot can happen in 11 days. So here's hoping Trump doesn't cook off a few nukes in the mean time.
            What you should understand is that 30 to 40 million people will vote for who ever the GOP runs. Does not matter who,they would vote for Adolf Hilter if he was the the person chosen as their candidate.They vote along party lines no matter what.

Comment

As Trump predicted, "my people are so smart....so loyal" he could shoot someone on 5th ave and not lose a vote. He chose the United States Capitol to prove his point. 5 people dead.
              Last edited by TRick6; 01-15-2021, 12:00 PM.
              Best Therapy
              http://www.britishv8.org/Triumph/AlbertGary.htm
              Zoom Zoom

Comment

Trump is not a red herring. This is us. He has a massive support system within the government, and they'll all still be there next week.

(BTW...GREAT character joke starting at exactly 8 minutes in.)

Comment

Ashamed!

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,272   Posts: 488,014   Members: 13,083   Active Members: 614
                Welcome to our newest member, oceviliy.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X