TR6 2nd2none

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TR6 2nd2none

TR6 Refined Brute & Best Kept Secret in Sports Car World gotta own one to know one comparable maintenance cost drivability

Like the Beauty and the Beast. The Alfa was way more better (A Cajunism) than the TR6, but rusts horribly. The 6 is a man's car (in fact, 94% of all TR6's were sold to guys). The Alfa is a kick to drive.

Comment

There’s a couple of us here that are lucky enough to own one of each.

Here is my 81 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce

Cheers,
      Tush

Attached Files
      81 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 81 Triumph TR8
      73 Triumph TR6 CF4874UO, 68 Triumph TR250 CD5228LO
      62 Triumph TR4 CT6716LO, 60 Triumph TR3A TS69891LO
      60 Triumph TR3A TS64870LO, 59 Triumph TR3A TS44836LO
      https://www.youtube.com/user/cheftush

Comment

• skootch13
        skootch13 commented
        Editing a comment
        That color looks good on every car it goes on. I call it "Chevy Blue". Yes I know, Nassau Blue, Lemans Blue, Trophy Blue and a half dozen other names in the GM stable that are all close to this.

I saw that video the other day, and I have to admit, the wider cockpit of the Alfa would be pretty nice. Imagine having both elbows inside the car and still being able to steer!
      Bill Connell
      1969 TR6 CC28790
      TR6 project log
      St. Paul MN

Comment

A few thoughts:

In 1975 an Alfa Spider cost almost 30% more than a TR6 (new). ($6795 vs, $5295 MSRP) That is a $1500 difference, roughly $7500 in today's dollars ($33,899 vs. $26,415). That's about the difference between equivalent Toyota and Lexus models. They were not competitors! For exactly $15 more than the Alfa in 1975 you could buy a Corvette. They were competitors.

I've never before heard a TR6 steering system described as "vague". Could it be that the steering rack bushings are bad?

"Equivalent parts availability"????? Hardly! Alfa suppliers include Vick Auto, Classic Alfa, and Andy's Auto Sport. That's pretty much it, and none of them are anywhere close in size to BPNW, let alone Moss or TRF.. The list of things you can't get for the Alfa dwarfs any such list for TRs. It took 2 years for a shop I worked for just to find a used ECU for a 1985 Spider. Finding stuff for an Alfa can be a bear!

BTW, I'd LOVE to own an Alfa!!
        Last edited by [email protected]; 09-11-2020, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tush View Post
          There’s a couple of us here that are lucky enough to own one of each.

Here is my 81 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce

Cheers,
          Tush
          Do you agree? I have never had problems fitting my hand between the steering wheel and the door but I might have small hands... good thing i have big feet!

c74

Comment

Watched that video a week or so ago, interesting comparison. Never driven an Alfa, so I can't say which is better or if that's even a valid question. I think I'd still take the TR over the Alfa no matter what the advantages to Italian car has over the Triumph.
            And as Dave points out, the parts availability of the Coventry product, is so much better!
            CF1634U+O Pimento/Chestnut
            2nd owner, since 1975
            Now in Fair Oaks, CA

Comment

TR6 2nd2none

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,095   Posts: 485,854   Members: 11,448   Active Members: 777
            Welcome to our newest member, SndGrd_Wal.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X