No announcement yet.

Self Quarantine Entertainment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've watched a few Twighlight Zones on Netflix this year. Ok, 25 or so. lol. How can a 60 year old show with zero special effects put the hair up on my neck?
    1972 Sapphire TR6 #CC84,something

1959 Red TR3 (Wife's)

Comment

My recommendations on Netflix are Longmire and Peaky Blinders Series.
      My recommendations on Amazon Prime are The Man in the High Castle and Tin Star series....and for a little light comedy, Detectorists.

Cheers
      Tush
      81 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 81 Triumph TR8
      73 Triumph TR6 CF4874UO, 68 Triumph TR250 CD5228LO
      62 Triumph TR4 CT6716LO, 60 Triumph TR3A TS69891LO
      60 Triumph TR3A TS64870LO, 59 Triumph TR3A TS44836LO
      https://www.youtube.com/user/cheftush

Comment

• ChandlerEast
        ChandlerEast commented
        Editing a comment
        I second Peaky Blinders.

In fact, I third and fourth Peaky Blinders. Absolutely brilliant TV. I love the characters, the acting and the cinematography. I've watched it twice just to pick up all the nuances of the show.

On You tube search for HERO Rally. Classic car time/speed/distance type rallys in England. The episodes from a couple years ago have decent commentary and are reasonably lengthy. The current ones are shorter and lack the commentary.

Comment

Netflix: John Adams. - It’s probably been out for a while but just watched it and was very good.
        The Two Popes
        Ford v Ferrari
        Anthony
        ’76 TR6
        Westchester County, NY

https://triumph-tr6.wixsite.com/triumphtr6

Carbs by Poolboy
        Good Parts: Rear hubs; Adjustable TA brackets w/ Nylatron Bushes; Throttle Shaft Bushings, Aluminum Rack Mounts
        VB: Headlight Wiring Harness
        Moss:Backup Hood Release
        World Wide Auto: Rear Lever Shocks

Comment

Originally posted by RatRidgeRoadster View Post
          Speaking of plot twists, I recently started a free three month subscription of Hulu and have been hooked on watching Alfred Hitchcock Presents. I've made it through 1955 (38 episodes) and most of 1956 with 1957 and 1958 to go. I'm hoping when I get to 57 and 58 that I remember some of them.

Now if they had the old Perry Mason Mint episodes I'd be set for a while, but unfortunately, they don't have him.
          Put up an antenna and you can get ME tv, which has Gunsmoke and Perry Mason everyday for free. I watched the Alfred Hitch Presents and the theme song gets to me after awhile. Twilight Zone still hold up pretty well.
          Berry

Comment

Thanks, Berry. I just looked to see what channel our local MeTV is, tuned in and what do you suppose was on? That's right, Perry Mason Mint. I see they also have Hiway Patrol and Dragnet.

I recently canceled my YouTubeTV as I always do after March madness till the start of CFB (if there will be CFB this year) so this will give me something else to watch.
            R3
            Jim Herter ͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏ Copperas Cove, TX
            Original Owner ֍ 1970 TR6 ֎ CC 50990 LO
            VDU 506H

Comment

• bartman
              bartman commented
              Editing a comment
              Jim - if you call him "Perry Mason Mint" then you must have been a MAD reader in your youth.

• RatRidgeRoadster
              RatRidgeRoadster commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, my brother and I did read MAD magazine. I don't really remember "Perry Masonmint" originating from Mad, but I do remember once my brother and/or I called him Masonmint once or twice, my mother picked up on it and forever thereafter called him that.

One of my favorite TV series as a kid was Adam-12. The wife and I have been watching the episodes sequentially on MeTV. Gotta love Malloy and Reed!
            CF28612UO - Pimento/Chestnut/Overdrive/Hardtop
            Folsom, CA - Yeah, near the prison!

Comment

Sometimes I think it is a mistake to watch TV shows that you remember as being really neat when you were a kid. Although some are still enjoyable, most are pretty lame when viewed as an adult. Kind of like meeting the cute little girl you remembered from childhood. Somethings are best rememered as they were.
              Berry

Comment

• ChandlerEast
                ChandlerEast commented
                Editing a comment
                Very true. I love Star Trek, but sometimes watching TOS, if I don't sort of regress back 40 years, it can be tough to watch.

I remember a guy on this forum posting about some brand of canned meat that he LOVED as a kid called "potted meat". It was a real treat to him when he was a kid. Lo and behold he found it in the grocery store recently and bought some and was so disappointed and found it to be basically dog food and couldn't believe he used to love it so much. They say you can never go back.

Try this.

Check out the vehicle around he 5:15 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf5Chh88dXE
              1972 Ratty Driver
              Stock 4 Speed
              Bored .20 over
              Stock Cam
              Stock Carbs
              Hubs by Phil
              GP Rear Brackets
              Cable Throttle
              Gear Reduction Starter
              Wire Wheels

Comment

• TRick6
                TRick6 commented
                Editing a comment
                And again at 8:07. And again at 19:00. I got hooked.
                Last edited by TRick6; 03-22-2020, 09:55 AM.

I just watched Thirteen Days (HB0). I had seen it before and would watch it again. The next time, however, I would like to stop it and rewind it on occasion for clarity. Do you realize how close to nuclear war this event was? The movie reportedly is well documented using actual text from recordings for script. Ken O'Donnell (Kevin Costner) was JFK's appointment secretary and not the "Big Dog adviser" as portrayed but I liked this movie anyway. It seems that it is not Netflix streamed but can be had via DVD only. I may send for it.
              Best Therapy
              http://www.britishv8.org/Triumph/AlbertGary.htm
              Zoom Zoom

Comment

Originally posted by IGDBOSS View Post
                Try this.

Check out the vehicle around he 5:15 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf5Chh88dXE

Well, that was a blast from the past.....one of my favorite shows back then. Thanks for the post
                Cheers,
                Wolf
                76 TR6 CF58170UO (The Lady)
                72 TR6 CC80068UO (The Slut)
                68 TR250 CD4893L (retirement project)

Comment

One idea that hit me in order to pass the time (while working on the 250) is to listen to all the Beatles songs in chronological order beginning to end.

Like many people, I tend to remember where I was and what I was doing, based on the music of the time. See you down memory lane....

Oh, how the mind wonders.

Cheers,
                  Wolf
                  76 TR6 CF58170UO (The Lady)
                  72 TR6 CC80068UO (The Slut)
                  68 TR250 CD4893L (retirement project)

Comment

• TRick6
                    TRick6 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I shamefully admit that I was a late Beatles bloomer. I saw them early on the Ed Sullivan Show but was not hooked. At the time (during the 60's) I was listening to everything Motown, anything Philly sound groups, BS&T, Chicago, Cold Blood, and the many Funk Bands to the present. Along this path I heard other familiar artists cover the Beatles work, notably Roberta Flack, and Earth wind an Fire (Let It Be and Got to get You Into My Life, respectively) to name a couple. Not too shabby.

Paul Simon fans:
                  Do a search on these words:

paul simon American tune march 2020

A beautiful rendition gift to all.
                  Walt
                  CC80954U '72 TR6 original condition/sold 16.500.
                  poolboy rebuilt the Z-S Carbs. Philstr6 rebuilt both rear hubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf76STL View Post
                    One idea that hit me in order to pass the time (while working on the 250) is to listen to all the Beatles songs in chronological order beginning to end.

Like many people, I tend to remember where I was and what I was doing, based on the music of the time. See you down memory lane....

Oh, how the mind wonders.

Cheers,
                    Wolf
                    I subscribe to SiriusXM and The Beatles channel, 18, has done this a few times. It certainly demonstrates the evolution of the music, not to mention bringing back memories......

Needless to say, channel 18 is my top favorite.
                    CF28612UO - Pimento/Chestnut/Overdrive/Hardtop
                    Folsom, CA - Yeah, near the prison!

Comment

I can't watch anymore TV. It's too wet to roto till and plant potatoes, or paint the porch and back deck. So I have been reading my new favorite author, Rick Atkinson. He has won a Pulitzer. My wife gave me "The British are Coming" for Christmas and I kept telling her how good a writer he is (she's a lit professor.) For my Birthday she bought me three more. I am reading "An Army at Dawn" now. It is about WW2 in North Africa. Both are fascinating and page turners.

http://liberationtrilogy.com/
                      1972 Sapphire TR6 #CC84,something

1959 Red TR3 (Wife's)

Comment

Self Quarantine Entertainment

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 38,723   Posts: 481,736   Members: 8,397   Active Members: 264
                      Welcome to our newest member, ajiupoconiiv.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

Working...
                      X