Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triumph Spotted

A Stag and a Jag

At the sassy kafe Penang Malayasia. The encounter gave me pause, for the future of Triumph motoring.

Do we drive our cars enough? Are they out in public where both the young and the old can see them in normal use? If a stranger approaches to talk about the car, are we friendly and engaging? Will he or she leave with a positive experience of both us as individuals and the car? Would said stranger approach us in the future or avoid us?

The owners of these two cars were standoffish to the point of rudeness. I had approached them, said hello, introduced myself, asked permission to take photos, offered up that I owned both a TR6 and a Jaguar. Yes, I am an American, and yes, I am not from the same social status as the owners but I don't feel that that's a good excuse.

Are we ambassadors for the marque? Or do we only talk to those that are in our little clique?

Comment

Good looking cars, but I'd bet that even a number of the folks on this forum would not recognize a Stag.

As for the other subject, I guess some people are just jerks. I will fully admit to feeling that most Jag owners were jerks when I was younger(was based on some first hand experiences), however I've learned over time that being a jerk is not relegated to the ownership of one marque- there are jerks and arses in every marque group!

I went to Cars n Coffee yesterday. Had a great time. Awesome cars from every marque and style, and every owner was open and fun to talk with- even the Jag owners
      1973 TR6 – BRG with beige interior, custom LED lighting
      Hardtop, OD, Rollbar, 15”Koenigs
      Bored, balanced and polished motor with PI cam, hi-comp head, triple DCOE's
      Header, custom exhaust, custom alternator, e-fan
      Lowered, poly suspension, Konis and rear anti roll-bar
      www.coventrysfinest.blogspot.com

Comment

As an aside to this, I made these up before the Mitty. I have been approached by a number of people who have a six, or want to buy one. In each case, I gave them a card and encouraged them to contact me or the club. I know it generated one club membership already.

1973 TR6 – BRG with beige interior, custom LED lighting
        Hardtop, OD, Rollbar, 15”Koenigs
        Bored, balanced and polished motor with PI cam, hi-comp head, triple DCOE's
        Header, custom exhaust, custom alternator, e-fan
        Lowered, poly suspension, Konis and rear anti roll-bar
        www.coventrysfinest.blogspot.com

Comment

I?m able to spot a Stag, but then have the advantage of owning one! I have found though that some guys I thought were car guys based on what they drove aren?t really car guys but rather just guys with cars. I thought somebody was a car guy because they have a 55 Chevy and an Impala, both in beautiful condition; but it seems he?s just a guy with cars ??.

Comment

Triumph Spotted

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,863   Posts: 493,174   Members: 56,868   Active Members: 174
          southjersey29
          Welcome to our newest member, southjersey29.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X