TR6 Hardtop (Coupe) Time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TR6 Hardtop (Coupe) Time!

Today 10/9/21 the day for me & mine 6 months on Fall/Winter 'til 4/9/21 Spring love the variety Topless/Ragtop now different Feel/Sound Hardtop. U got one or installing one may want to take a gander at this informative do's/don'ts post from TR6 hardtop owners

https://www.triumphexp.com/forum/tr6...aware.1655024/

At one time I had 2 factory and 1 fiberglass hardtops. Sold them all for a song. They took up too much space in Termite Terrace #1. Bad decision on my part.
    CF1634U+O Pimento/Chestnut
    2nd owner, since 1975
    Now in Fair Oaks, CA

Comment

Butta'scotch probably looking awesome as always!

You prepping for Flagstaff?

Joe from Sherman Oaks was compeling us to go/caravan this year, but the timing is off for us....
      '74 TR6 CF13007U aka "Mr. T"
      Custom Blue (Delft-Like) and New Tan (Formerly Mallard and New Tan)
      Points, Ballast Bypassed, Bosch Blue Coil, Moss Cobalt Wires, Champion RN12YC plugs.
      Peaks and tweaks, but the spirit of Original
      Redlines always.
      My wife is the Driver, I'm just the Mechanic....

Comment

Hey Julius, thanks for the heads up. RAISE THE ROOF! Both my rubber bumpers were touching. All fixed now.

Comment

Bruce
          Hindsight worth millions! 1st saw/heard Java TR6 hardtop/redlines in 1969 zoom by me no idea what it was must hooked me 1979 bought myself one during year &1/2 search saw lots of ragtops (on car lots then) looking for mgb gt stumbled on a TR6 with hardtop thought it was a 2 door hardtop coupe 'til dealer informed me it was a removable hardtop 1/2 later mine found me $2800 told seller you can keep the ski rack

Comment

Ken
            After seeing the vid you posted before CCBCC All Brits of clean & on the scene Topless Mr"T" know I have no choice but to stay on my Ps&Qs. Had hotel reservations for TRfest 2021 called & canceled 10/4 living in the s.w. desert just couldn't talk my TR6 into driving several hrs through the straight as an arrow middle of nowhere hwy10 or 40 to Flagstaff

Comment

Originally posted by tr6ed View Post
              Hey Julius, thanks for the heads up. RAISE THE ROOF! Both my rubber bumpers were touching. All fixed now.
              Glad to share pre-internet & seeing others I was victimized by lack of knowledge 1st 5 yrs of ownership never took mine off cinched down with hardtop rubber bumpers in contact with the body panel lots of time/effort/energy/products trying to remove etched circles no success had to have panel resprayed so make it a point to share experience with any of us fortunate enough to own best looking hardtop in the sports car world TR6

Comment

Thanka Julius, I still have "witness" mark ont the rear deck of mine from the hardtop I had for a while.
                2nd owner, since 1975
                Now in Fair Oaks, CA

Comment

Originally posted by baws View Post
                  Thanka Julius, I still have "witness" mark ont the rear deck of mine from the hardtop I had for a while.
                  Know what you mean once they're etched on the rear deck virtually impossible to remove respray seems to be only solution

Comment

Originally posted by tr6nitjulius View Post

Know what you mean once they're etched on the rear deck virtually impossible to remove respray seems to be only solution
                    Yes, a bit like removing an old tatoo.
                    2nd owner, since 1975
                    Now in Fair Oaks, CA

Comment

TR6 Hardtop (Coupe) Time!

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,799   Posts: 492,701   Members: 56,731   Active Members: 4,622
                    Welcome to our newest member, Jarrodjeard.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X