Quick jack 7000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick jack 7000

Quick jack has some refurbished 7000 series ones on their website for pretty good discounts. I also notice that the 7000 is about an inch wider than the 5000. So 2 inches total.

For anyone that has these, do you think that 2 inches of extra width would interfere with working under the car? These cars are already pretty narrow.

Originally posted by DanB360 View Post
    Quick jack has some refurbished 7000 series ones on their website for pretty good discounts. I also notice that the 7000 is about an inch wider than the 5000. So 2 inches total.

For anyone that has these, do you think that 2 inches of extra width would interfere with working under the car? These cars are already pretty narrow.
    YES..........I have the 5000 and have 21 inches clear inside frame to inside frame. My creeper travels closely yet freely north/south between the frames. YMMV. Taking an inch away would greatly narrow this and may cancel it all together given the creeper.
    Best Therapy
    http://www.britishv8.org/Triumph/AlbertGary.htm
    Zoom Zoom

Comment

Second TRick6's answer, also have the 5000. Some folks mount them sideways to get to area's underneath.
      Ralph
      TR250 "Eileen"
      MGB "Merck"
      VW GTI

Comment

Ordered the 5000 this afternoon from Costco. Once I get that I’ll be able to start tearing into the rear end and do the Nissan swap

Comment

Here is a link to an addition that will help keep your back healthy when moving them around

https://youtu.be/y5PYa3IvCSg
          Ralph
          TR250 "Eileen"
          MGB "Merck"
          VW GTI

Comment

I'll also second Trick's comment. I have a 5000 and while I can just barely get between the 2 between the frames, its a tight fit to be sure. Certainly not something a claustrophobic person would want to do. If the QJ frames were any wider I wouldn't fit.
            73 TR6
            Dundee, IL
            My TR6

Comment

Originally posted by 46er View Post
              Here is a link to an addition that will help keep your back healthy when moving them around

https://youtu.be/y5PYa3IvCSg
              Nice. I’m all about working smarter and not harder these days.

Comment

Got them all put together yesterday and finally jacked the car up today. Got a chance to look at the rear end. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be, but some work is in order.

Comment

Quick jack 7000

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,799   Posts: 492,701   Members: 56,757   Active Members: 4,470
                Welcome to our newest member, Jarrodjeard.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X