X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody got a spare $300K?

https://www.ebay.com/i/193308184304?...BoCfxoQAvD_BwE

https://barnfinds.com/massive-triumph-only-liquidation/

Apparently from the Yelp reviews there's quite a story to this place. You'll need a bigger building than Todd, though!!! It's an inventory only sale that's been going on since August (in the latest version since at least 2010, evidently this lot has been advertised several times since). I just blundered on it tonight.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 10-09-2020, 09:10 PM.

Huh, in the 5 years of TR6 ownership and of being on the usual forums, I've never heard of them. Have you, Dave? Or anyone else?
    1972 Sapphire TR6 #CC84,something

1959 Red TR3 (Wife's)

Comment

300k ?
      If I did, I'd buy a Porsche and a small cabin in the Ozarks.
      Driving a 1973 TR6
      Doing ZS carb repairs
      email kencorsaw"at"aol.com

Comment

I have heard of them for used parts but never had to contact them.
        72 Pimento w/overdrive

Comment

Triumphs Only in Stockton, yes I've used them but not recently. Good spot to look for some used parts back in the day.
          CF28612UO - Pimento/Chestnut/Overdrive/Hardtop
          Folsom, CA - Yeah, near the prison!

Comment

Huh...I've definitely heard of them. Set the wayback machine to 1990.

I'd just purchased my TR6 and found, much to my dismay, that the entire tub was rotted beyond any reasonable chance of repair so I was in the market for a new tub. I found place called...you guessed it...Triumphs Only. The guy there said he had a tub in really good shape but it needed to be removed from the frame before he could ship it to me. I agreed and gave him a down payment on the tub. 6 weeks later I still didn't have the tub but I noticed my credit card had been charged for the full amount. When I called him up he told me he was still working on getting the tub ready to ship but needed the full price of the tub in now so he charged the rest to my card (without contacting me first). I cancelled the order and reversed the charges on the card.

Ultimately I found a rust-free Texas car sans engine, tranny and interior so I think I came out ahead in the end.

That's my Triumphs Only story from...30 years ago.
            73 TR6
            Libertyville, IL
            My TR6

Comment

Triumphs Only started off in San Jose, CA. I lived near them and, to my mind, they never had a great reputation. They had "stuff" but it was expensive and then there were the occassional stories like the one above. The owner did very well when he sold the San Jose location and moved shop to Stockton. Fast forward to about 10 + years ago and the Stockton property gets sold.

So, as near as I can tell having been remotely aware of TO since the late 1980's is that his business made more money on property acquisition and sale then spare Triumph parts!

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeTR5 View Post
                Triumphs Only started off in San Jose, CA. I lived near them and, to my mind, they never had a great reputation. They had "stuff" but it was expensive and then there were the occassional stories like the one above. The owner did very well when he sold the San Jose location and moved shop to Stockton. Fast forward to about 10 + years ago and the Stockton property gets sold.

So, as near as I can tell having been remotely aware of TO since the late 1980's is that his business made more money on property acquisition and sale then spare Triumph parts!
                Yankee is absolutely correct about Wayne Bier's good fortune in real estate. I remember him telling me about how he was forced (and paid by the state and local government entities). to move his shop at least twice, because of freeway and expressway construction. His shop did the first rebuild of my 6's engine, in the mid 80's or so.
                My dealings with him worked out okay, but others I knew at the time and still know, has less than desirable results.
                In the bay area in the 70's and early 80's, there was another used parts supplier, called "Triumph Specialty", unconnected with Wayne's establishment and with a truly nefarious reputation!
                CF1634U+O Pimento/Chestnut
                2nd owner, since 1975
                Now in Fair Oaks, CA

Comment

Anybody got a spare $300K?

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,155   Posts: 486,517   Members: 11,812   Active Members: 520
                Welcome to our newest member, Oliverdax.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X