No announcement yet.

The Big Five-Oh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

​Thanks for the replies, guys, and a happy 50+ to you Simon. Just so you know, Simon, after 50, the years start coming faster and faster. Life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes.

To continue with my story just a bit, on the 12th of February I set off to deliver the car to the Port of Harwich followed by a friend in my Squadron with a 69 TR6 to take me back. It was raining hard with what must have been gale force winds as we were traveling down a narrow road that seemed to be going nowhere. I flagged down a bloke on a bicycle wearing a yellow raincoat traveling in the opposite direction to inquire as to the whereabouts of the navyard docks. Standing by his bicycle at the passenger window, he tells me he just finished his shift at the docks and confirms that the docks are straight ahead down the road a tad. As he continued to give directions to the office, the wind caught his bicycle ripping it out of his hands and slammed the handlebar into the door.

Well, that would not be the only dent in my brand new car's early life. When I picked it up in Bayonne I discovered someone managed to put a small dent in the nose of the bonnet. They reimbursed me for the bonnet dent and for the gearshift knob that someone stole, but it was weeks or maybe months later that I discovered they also stole the passenger fresh air vent under the dash.
    R3
    Jim Herter Copperas Cove, TX
    Original Owner ֍ 1970 TR6 ֎ CC 50990 LO
    VDU 506H

Comment

That's a pretty good analogy about the roll of TP.
      Walt
      CC80954U '72 TR6 original condition/sold 16.500.
      poolboy rebuilt the Z-S Carbs. Philstr6 rebuilt both rear hubs.

Comment

The roll slows down to a crawl when I am at work however.
        CF1634U+O Pimento/Chestnut
        2nd owner, since 1975
        Now in Fair Oaks, CA

Comment

How's it go ?
          "40 is the old age of youth; 50 is the youth of old age"..something like that.
          Anyway, congratulations to all !
          Driving a 1973 TR6
          Doing ZS carb repairs
          email kencorsaw"at"aol.com

Comment

Very cool!! And impressive to have the same vehicle (TR6 or Motorcycle) for so long!!

Comment

Truly amazing, Jim. A wonderful story for all British car enthusiasts.

Comment

• poolboy
                poolboy commented
                Editing a comment
                Good to hear from you again, Scott.

The Big Five-Oh

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 38,705   Posts: 481,520   Members: 8,375   Active Members: 229
            Welcome to our newest member, oozuraro.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

Working...
            X