Alabama Grand Prix - Barber MP 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabama Grand Prix - Barber MP 2021

My son's company got Road to Indy passes for last weekend at Barber Motorsports Park so he called me and asked if I wanted to go, heck yeah. I was anticipating general admission and a hospitality tent and boy was I wrong. It was the deluxe package, VIP treatment all weekend in the Paddock Club suites, catered food, open bar, shuttles. Great way to watch races. His boss and his sons were going to ride the pace car for the Indy Lights race but they had to decline to they asked us if we wanted to go........ DUH, hell yes. So below are a few pictures and a video from inside the Honda Civic pace car (Its a Honda sponsored event). This is not your average Civic, it has had a little work done to it, the pace lap was at 70mph and the driver was a retired rally car driver. If you listen closely you can hear its tires screeching and the exhaust noise as it accelerates out of the turns.

Needless to say, it was a blast! The whole weekend was a blast! Spoiled me, next weekend going to sit in a bag chair on Turn 5 for the Mitty - back to reality

https://youtu.be/TG_m4-oqASw

Click image for larger version  Name:	image0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	144.4 KB ID:	541244 Click image for larger version  Name:	image2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	113.8 KB ID:	541246 Click image for larger version  Name:	image1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	118.7 KB ID:	541243 Click image for larger version  Name:	image3.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	73.1 KB ID:	541242 Click image for larger version  Name:	image4.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	101.0 KB ID:	541245
    Last edited by lfmTR4; 04-20-2021, 11:54 AM.
    72 Pimento w/overdrive - Lilred
    67 4A Royal Blue - Lilblue

Looks like it was a good day for you and Michael, cher....Honda, too.
    Driving a 1973 TR6
    Doing ZS carb repairs
    email kencorsaw"at"aol.com

Comment

Alabama Grand Prix - Barber MP 2021

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,458   Posts: 489,752   Members: 14,980   Active Members: 580
    Welcome to our newest member, ahgedott.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
    X