Kastner Cup 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kastner Cup 2020

The Kastner Cup weekend featuring TRiumph race cars will be held June 26-28 at Mid Ohio. In addition to Kas Kastner and MANY TRiumph race cars from North America, there is a container load of cars coming from England. Preliminary numbers indicate as many as 60 (!!!) or more TRiumph race cars will be in attendance. There is lodging available all around Mid Ohio, but this is going to be a BIG event, so if you are remotely interested in attending (and you should be), find a room and get it booked sooner rather than later. See you there.

There's a good article in the recent edition of "Moss Motoring" about Kas Kastner, Peter Brock, Bob Tullius, Jim Dittemore and THE TR250K.
    Driving a 1973 TR6
    Doing ZS carb repairs
    email kencorsaw"at"aol.com

Comment

The plans for the 2020 Kastner Cup vintage race weekend are coming together, and this could be the largest turnout of vintage race TRiumphs ever assembled in the US. If you are a TR racing fan, you need to be at Mid Ohio in June. I'm extra stoked because as of today, the newest owner of my former race car plans to be there. Hope to see some 6-Pack friends there.

Comment

Elwood, is one of the days the actual kasnter cup race? Or is the "Kastner cup" spread out over the weekend? I can't find a schedule of the actual races online.
        1972 Sapphire TR6 #CC84,something

1959 Red TR3 (Wife's)

Comment

This is a tentative schedule for the weekend. Tickets are on sale on the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course website at a discount for now. 2020-Mid-Ohio-Schedule.pdf
          1974 TR6 Carmine

Comment

Originally posted by skootch13 View Post
            Elwood, is one of the days the actual kasnter cup race? Or is the "Kastner cup" spread out over the weekend? I can't find a schedule of the actual races online.
            Thanks to Carmine74 for posting the tentative schedule. The Kastner Cup race is Sunday, right before the lunch break. The Kastner Cup race group will be practicing and qualifying all weekend, as per the schedule. Also, some of the Kastne Cup cars will also run the regular SVRA race groups, so there will be plenty of opportunities to see TRiumphs on TRack.

Comment

This is the latest. Hopefully the state is ready to go by June.

PRESS RELEASE: Please release immediately

The Kastner Cup 2020 at Mid-Ohio Vintage Grand Prix
              June 25th - 28th, 2020
              Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (midohio.com)
              7721 Steam Corners Rd
              Lexington, Ohio 44904
              SVRA (Sportscar Vintage Racing Association) sanctioned event (svra.com)
              Hospitality Tent provided by Moss Motors

The 18th Annual Kastner Cup 2020 All-Triumph Race:

The Kastner Cup is an all-Triumph race set at a different North American race facility annually under local racing faction tech rules and regulations. All Triumph or Triumph-powered fully prepared race cars are welcome to attend. SVRA has waived their fee for any Triumph race car taking the green flag for the Kastner Cup 2020. Expectations of over 50 attendees, including historic international race cars, title winning national vintage race cars, famous drivers, and iconic characters in the racing world. The Friends of Triumph will be paddocked in an appropriated area at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, including a welcome tent and award facilities.

The Kastner Cup Champion will be appointed by Mr R.W. “Kas” Kastner himself. His decision is based on three factors: 25% presentation of the car, 25% enthusiasm in vintage racing, and 50% performance and race results, not necessarily first position. He will be watching closely and will appoint Performance Awards to the top time based on model of Triumph.

Local car clubs are urged to attend as there will be special parking for Triumph club members and their classic cars. A welcome area will be furnished and used for appointing Peggy Kastner Performance Awards and the Kastner Cup recipient at event end. Events and details to be released before the event and posted on www.kaskastner.com

Camping is available at the track. Please visit the racetrack website for details. There are many hotels within 10 miles of the racetrack. Lexington has many options for food and entertainment. Trailer parking is available through the racetrack. Hospitality services provided by the racetrack. All inquiries are urged to email [email protected]

Kastner Cup info:
              www.kaskastner.com/kastnercup.html

Track info:
              www.midohio.com

Racing, Rules, Regulations:
              www.svra.com

Kas Kastner
              *Never be beaten by equipment.
              www.kaskastner.com

COLLECTIBLE ARTWORK BY CLARK LINCOLN

#fot #friendsoftriumph
              1974 TR6 Carmine

Comment

From SVRA, host organization for the Kastner Cup race weekend at Mid Ohio. This was released yesterday:

Events will be closed to spectators until further notice

If you'd like to see the complete release, let me know and I'll post it. This could change by the time the event rolls around, so stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwood View Post
                  From SVRA, host organization for the Kastner Cup race weekend at Mid Ohio. This was released yesterday:

If you'd like to see the complete release, let me know and I'll post it. This could change by the time the event rolls around, so stay tuned.
                  Elwood, the governor of Ohio will have a press conference today at 2 PM about how restaurants, beauty salons etc can re-open. Let's hope he throws in there the Kastner Kup too.

1959 Red TR3 (Wife's)

Comment

Hope you're right, Skootch. Right now they're telling us that anyone who gets in as crew, as well as participants and worker, should be prepared to wear a mask.

Comment

Crew...hmmmmm. Me and ten other Triumph owners in Cincinnati can crew.........

1959 Red TR3 (Wife's)

Comment

Originally posted by skootch13 View Post
                        Crew...hmmmmm. Me and ten other Triumph owners in Cincinnati can crew.........
                        Yes you can, as long as you have a driver or drivers who can list you and pay for you as overcrew.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwood View Post

Elwood,

Have you heard anything more about my great state of Ohio allowing spectators in?

I see that Mid Ohio is selling tickets.

1959 Red TR3 (Wife's)

Comment

I checked Mid-Ohio,s and the svra website and didnt find any info about covid restrictions.Like skootch13 said, tickets are being sold. I just booked my room, purchased my tickets and registered for the british car showdown/car corral. hope it all works out. So who else is going? Looks like its going to be a cool event.

Comment

This is kind of interesting, last I heard was that the track has decided to allow spectators even though SVRA declared it a no spectator event. Since the track is selling tickets, those of you who go should have no problem getting in. There are a lot less TR racers planning to attend than when this thing was first announced, but it still should be a good show. Also, Kas has chosen not to attend. Those of you who go, have a great time and stay safe and healthy.

Comment

Kastner Cup 2020

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,186   Posts: 486,931   Members: 12,184   Active Members: 602
                              Welcome to our newest member, Marcuszogidly.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X