No announcement yet.

what did you do to your car today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dreaded under dash heater hoses! The wife’s feet got a little wet some months ago before the car was put away. Also the XMat.. its about time!! Do you all put the under felt over the XMat along with the carpet?

Comment

• oppositelocksmith
      oppositelocksmith commented
      Editing a comment
      Mark, those hoses are a 'fun' job. As for the matting - I highly suggest not putting that on your floorboards. Its become some big thing the past couple years to press that down on to every nook and cranny on TR6's in the past couple years. The unfortunate thing is that you absolutely cannot get it pressed down effectively. The result is at the first hint of rain, or a little leak past while washing the car, and the moisture gets under the matting. Rusty floorboards are next. If you look at how Hushmat and other similar products are intended to be used, they are intended to be put on open flat panels (not corrugated like our floorboards) to prevent the panels resonating and acting like a big drum head when the car is running/driving. The firewalls are a pretty good place to put a square of the stuff, but again, it does not need to cover the whole panel.

• In preparation for the Mitty, I've done a whole bunch in the past week or so.

Oil and filter change
    Topped up gearbox and diff
    Pulled rear axles, greased universal zerks and greased half shaft splines with GM grease
    Replaced all my rubber brake hoses with Goodrich stainless lines and then bled the system (Thanks Pete for the help!)
    Repacked and re-adjusted my front bearings.
    Hit every grease zerk in the front end.
    Polished the contacts in my fuse box for a better connection
    Replaced my 25 year old radio with a new Pioneer unit with direct Bluetooth connection (love that)

I'm currently chasing an issue in my Weber's where, when hot, they won't quite pull the car back to idle (850). They pull back to about 1000-1100, but not 850. Maybe a little sticky, maybe springs are not strong enough. I have some ideas about it, but really don't want to pull the carbs from the car..... yuck.
    1973 TR6 – BRG with beige interior, custom LED lighting
    Hardtop, OD, Rollbar, 15”Koenigs
    Bored, balanced and polished motor with PI cam, hi-comp head, triple DCOE's
    Header, custom exhaust, custom alternator, e-fan
    Lowered, poly suspension, Konis and rear anti roll-bar
    www.coventrysfinest.blogspot.com

Comment

• Wolf76STL
      Wolf76STL commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice list, Jeremy.
      btw, with the cam you have, don't you want to keep idle at about 1000 rpm?
      Cheers!

• oppositelocksmith
      oppositelocksmith commented
      Editing a comment
      850 or so has always sounded right to me. Hmmm

• While I'm waiting for the engine block work, starting on some rust repair. First up was the battery box - the floor was thin but the back panel was basically gone. Waiting for the paint to dry on the back of the panels before final welding in later today. Those channels would have been a lot easier if I had room in the shop for a press.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3603.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	3.48 MB
ID:	540969

Name:	IMG_3635.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	3.30 MB
ID:	540970
    Bill Connell
    1969 TR6 CC28790
    TR6 project log
    St. Paul MN

Comment

• TRF offers nice battery boxes. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1179 (2).JPG
Views:	129
Size:	253.9 KB
ID:	540977
      Walt
      CC80954U '72 TR6 original condition/sold 16.500.
      poolboy rebuilt the Z-S Carbs. Philstr6 rebuilt both rear hubs.

Comment

• frostr6
        frostr6 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have an AMCO plastic box that came with the car that's still in good shape, it did a great job of hiding the rot!

• I put the new license plate on and chased electrical gremlins for a while. They out ran me.
      Ralph
      TR250
      MGB
      VW GTI

Comment

• Still waiting to hear back from the machine shop on engine parts, so spent the weekend cleaning/sanding the engine bay and ordered a new floor pan to hopefully install next weekend. I fixed a big dent in one of the inner fenders, which was satisfying, but my body is sore today and I'm remember reasons I don't like doing body work.
        Bill Connell
        1969 TR6 CC28790
        TR6 project log
        St. Paul MN

Comment

• Got most of the driver side floor pan cut out yesterday, and lots of corners cleaned out around the fender and front of the rocker. Just the bottom of the splash guard and end cover of the rocker has some rust, the rocker itself and fender bottom are both in excellent shape. It looks like the floor just sat too long with a saturated carpet on it. I'm going to clean and paint whatever frame I can reach and hope to have the new section in place by the weekend, if I'm not frozen out of the garage again.

Name:	Floor-pan-out.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	3.62 MB
ID:	541226
          Bill Connell
          1969 TR6 CC28790
          TR6 project log
          St. Paul MN

Comment

• What did I do today? Well actually this is a little late but last week the odometer on my 1969 TR6 rolled over!! Woohoo!! Now I only have 38 miles on the clock!! Unfortunately she didn't suddenly look like a brand new Triumph, but that's okay.

Comment

• Had a wonderful day at Virginia International Raceway with the The Triumph Club of the Carolinas. Our group had a 30 minute session for parade laps during the lunch break. The track and facilities are excellent! Last time I drove on the track was in the early 70's when I was working a flag & communication station. Brought back lots of good memories.

Larry
              1971 TR6 - driver
              Triumph Club of the Carolinas

Comment

what did you do to your car today?

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,458   Posts: 489,752   Members: 14,980   Active Members: 580
              Welcome to our newest member, ahgedott.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X