No announcement yet.

what did you do to your car today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet Phil but what is with the inflated visors?
    1972 TR6 Jasmine Yellow CC79030U
    Purchased in 1973, 3rd owner
    Restored 2009

Comment

• Haven't put the new ones on ,have a few things to finish

Comment

• Took off the Monza exhaust and went back to a stock exhaust system except for I am still running my group 44 header. Installed headlight relay,s after seeing that white TR on facebook.

Comment

• Picked it up from MG Limited in Milwaukee, after they replaced my brake master cylinder, wheel cylinders, and flex hoses. Drove home with the top down in 40 degree weather, and it was fantastic. New alternator arrives on Saturday, just in time for a few end of season drives before tucking it away for winter.

Comment

• 70 degree weather in central Indiana caused me to take an hour and a half drive. Beautiful colors, warm weather and top-down motoring on Nov. 6, I'll take it. The car ran well and I started a list of things to do over the winter.
            1970 BRG TR6 - Carbs by Poolboy!
            1968 BRG TR250

Comment

• I got serious about my engine rebuild and started tearing the engine down today, just short of getting the cylinder head off. The head isn't loose yet, but it was getting dark by the time I got everything else off, and I was getting tired by that time, so I just soaked it in penetrating oil and gave it a few dozen taps with a hammer.

Assuming it stays warm long enough to get the head loose, the plan is to get that cleaned up and off to the machine shop, and send the distributor off for a recurve, then pull the rest of the engine and block in the spring. I'll just keep removing and cleaning parts as long as I can to hopefully save some time later, knowing that I'll have plenty of other cleanup and repair to do in the engine bay while I can.
              Bill Connell
              1969 TR6 CC28790
              TR6 project log
              St. Paul MN

Comment

• Well... its been quite awhile since I’ve been on here. I bought a 59 TR3A (I know.. I couldn’t resist!) and have ripped it apart for paint. But my 6 has been my go to “lets go for a ride”! The other day, it started running very rough at idle. Went home, checked dist. cap, wires, plugs, all kinds of things. Figured I’d check my fuel filter just to see. Turns out I did not replace it a year ago like I was positive I did!!! Changed it out, adjusted the Webers a bit and the car ran like a champ!! Cant believe I forgot to change it last year! So yesterday the wife and I are cruising around, and... she says .. “I think theres water on my sneaker”... UGH... guess what I’m doing this morning...,

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1147 (10).JPG
Views:	171
Size:	251.8 KB
ID:	537373It makes it easier with the seat removed. Do a flush to watch brown gook come out.
                  Walt
                  CC80954U '72 TR6 original condition/sold 16.500.
                  poolboy rebuilt the Z-S Carbs. Philstr6 rebuilt both rear hubs.

Comment

• MARKRL
                    MARKRL commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I had the whole unit out when I put the new clutch in. Had the core tested, all good. Tightened and replaced the bottom hose clamp. Filled up radiator. All seemed well, temp stable, checked radiator again today, low on antifreeze, floor a bit wet again. Thinking thermostat at this point...

• SapphireBlue72
                    SapphireBlue72 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    How would the thermostat effect a leak inside cockpit?
                    I would suspect a cracked hose, or firewall fitting. Let engine idle, then watch for the drip.

• Got the cylinder head pulled last night without too much of a fight - a day of penetrating oil on the studs and pressed it off with some scraps of maple and the valve cover studs. Is there anything to read from the fact that cylinders 1, 2, 5 have pretty clean valves but flaky carbon on the pistons, and 3, 4, 6 have pretty clean pistons but crusty valves? So far things look pretty ok.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6355.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	3.55 MB
ID:	537384

Name:	IMG_3044.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	3.30 MB
ID:	537385
                  Bill Connell
                  1969 TR6 CC28790
                  TR6 project log
                  St. Paul MN

Comment

• poolboy
                    poolboy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Was there a recent compression test or manifold vacuum reading ?

• frostr6
                    frostr6 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No, unfortunately, I didn't think to do a compression test before the teardown, that would have been a good baseline. The last compression test from a couple of years ago was good, everything within 10psi.

• Didn't do anything to the 6 today except drive it for an hour-top down, 55 degrees and overcast. Got a few strange looks.

Name:	IMG_4422.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	537520

Name:	IMG_4424.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	2.11 MB
ID:	537521
                  1972 TR6, CC75294L
                  W58 5 speed / Eaglegate conversion
                  Goodparts rear hubs, trailing arm brackets and steering rack mounts, Prestige Autowood Hawaiian koa wood dash panel

Comment

• poolboy
                    poolboy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I took a nice drive today, too...it was in the 70's and crystal clear, low humidity. The engine especially loves those kind of days.
                    And I don't know about you, Steve, but down here it's the time of year to be watching the shoulders for deer crossings.
                    Cows...year round

• It was in the 70s here last week PB, very unusual this time of year. But I wasn’t complaining! Lotsa deer around here too. I live on a 1/2 acre lot in a suburb near some woods and there’s deer in the yard every day. I guess it helps that we feed them! One ran out in front of me last year and it missed me by about 10 feet. No cows though!
                  1972 TR6, CC75294L
                  W58 5 speed / Eaglegate conversion
                  Goodparts rear hubs, trailing arm brackets and steering rack mounts, Prestige Autowood Hawaiian koa wood dash panel

Comment

• Installed this alarm for leaving the lights on. Activates when the car is off and either door opens.

Name:	Alarm Schematic.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	2.01 MB
ID:	537533 Click image for larger version

Name:	Lights on Alarm.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	3.89 MB
ID:	537534
                    1972 TR6 Jasmine Yellow CC79030U
                    Purchased in 1973, 3rd owner
                    Restored 2009

Comment

• I have a simple buzzer the size of a sugar cube wired at the red and white terminals at the fuse box.

Buzzes as soon as the ignition is off with the lights on.

I got it in a kit also with spade adapter clip, but any small 12v buzzer will do.

Does save me from leaving the lights on ever again!
                      '74 TR6 CF13007U aka "Mr. T"
                      Custom Blue (Delft-Like) and New Tan (Formerly Mallard and New Tan)
                      Points, Ballast Bypassed, Bosch Blue Coil, Moss Cobalt Wires, Champion RN12YC plugs.
                      Peaks and tweaks, but the spirit of Original
                      Redlines always.
                      My wife is the Driver, I'm just the Mechanic....

Comment

• Hopefully I have found my last source of water leaks into the interior. I pulled the wiper boot thingie up and applied a bead of strip caulk on the underside. The interior rubber bush isn't even there, so I'm not sure how the PO expected this to seal.

Name:	20201122_130317.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	2.16 MB
ID:	537722
                        1972 Sapphire TR6 #CC84,something

1959 Red TR3 (Wife's)

Comment

• Finally finished up rebuilding my propellor shaft with 10+yr old Hardy Spicer u-joints from TRF that I bought forever ago. First time using black gloss POR15. And I have to say I am very pleased with the results. Really good self leveling. But I did take much time in the surface cleanup and used the POR metal prep Zn Phosphate solution religiously the 20-30min of “keep it wet” time. Found the CRC Brake Parts solvent is great for dissolving the uncured POR15. Used the CRC stuff to clean the small and medium brushes used to apply the paint. But as they say once it is cured it is tough to get off! Zn plated the end cap and internal split washer as well as the 8x flange bolts. The POR15 two coats is so thick I could barely see the factory alignment arrows I showed for another member a cpl wks back. All good.
                          MRankin
                          71 TR6 CC61212L

Comment

what did you do to your car today?

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,196   Posts: 487,076   Members: 12,349   Active Members: 705
                          Welcome to our newest member, Alimashify.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                          X