Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tripp's Blog....available for your viewing pleasure !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skootch13
    replied
    Thanks, Jim. And i will add the screwdrivers to my Santa want list.

Leave a comment:

• Tush
    replied
    Thanks for the update Jim. Nice little write up on screwdrivers...as a Japanese motorcycle owner, I know of what you speak!

Cheers
    Tush

Leave a comment:

• Tripp74
    replied
    Hi folks, I just updated my blog with a history lesson, a Mikuni Carb. update and a technical session!
    www.trippstr6.blogspot.com

Leave a comment:

• Tripp74
    replied
    Originally posted by A Brit in Bama View Post
    Nice work, Jim. Always been intrigued with these Mikuni and other motorcycle car conversions. Let us know how you get on in future blogs!

Edit: Quite coincidentally, I came across this article this morning... Make sure your Mikunis don't leak, Jim!

http://www.mossmotoring.com/phoenix-rises/
    Keith, thanks for the fire article. The Mikunis come with long vent drain hoses and John Parker advised me to be sure and route those hoses away form the exhaust header just in case !!

Leave a comment:

• Tripp74
    replied
    Originally posted by skootch13 View Post
    Looks great, Jim! I have perused that supplier's site a few times in the past. You are the first person on the site to really share their install that I know of. I just did my triple Zs and when asked why, my stock answer is "because I want 50% more needle valve problems." And while I am not going to change any time soon, this is an upgrade I may do in the future. Of course, I have questions. I always have questions.

1. How hard is to set up the jets and needles on the carbs? Were they close to correct when you took them out of the box?
    Answer...John Parker set up the jetting based on my engine configuration and so far it seems very close to what the engine needs.

3. Why did you have to use the MGB choke cable? Doesn't the early TR6 choke cable that turns and locks work?
    Answer...I didn't know the early the TR6 cable turned and locked!

4. Do they have an accelerator pump that gives a kick when floored?
    Answer...yes there is an accelerator pump...I honestly have not noticed any "kick". But I've only driven about 100 miles with the Mikunis...more info to come.

Do you have to use the RATCO linkage or can the stock linkage be modified?
    Answer...I used the Ratco because it was what I used on the ZS setup...I believe the stock linkage can also be used.

See above for my answers

Leave a comment:

• A Brit in Bama
    replied
    Nice work, Jim. Always been intrigued with these Mikuni and other motorcycle car conversions. Let us know how you get on in future blogs!

Edit: Quite coincidentally, I came across this article this morning... Make sure your Mikunis don't leak, Jim!

http://www.mossmotoring.com/phoenix-rises/
    Last edited by A Brit in Bama; 06-06-2019, 04:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• skootch13
    replied
    Looks great, Jim! I have perused that supplier's site a few times in the past. You are the first person on the site to really share their install that I know of. I just did my triple Zs and when asked why, my stock answer is "because I want 50% more needle valve problems." And while I am not going to change any time soon, this is an upgrade I may do in the future. Of course, I have questions. I always have questions.

1. HOw hard is to set up the jets and needles on the carbs? Were they close to correct when you took them out of the box?

2. Can you share the price of the kit and carbs? Nevermind, looked it up.

3. Why did you have to use the MGB choke cable? Doesn't the early TR6 choke cable that turns and locks work?

4. Do they have an accelerator pump that gives a kick when floored?

5. Do you have to use the RATCO linkage or can the stock linkage be modified?

Leave a comment:

• Tush
    replied
    Very Nice Jim, I look forward to future updates!

Cheers,
    Tush

Leave a comment:

• Tripp74
    replied
    Ok, it's spring 2019 and a new blog has just been published...you may be surprised

www.trippstr6.blogspot.com

Leave a comment:

• skootch13
    commented on 's reply
    Me too. Can't believe it wasn't offered.

• tr250
    replied
    I really dig the black on a TR6!!

Leave a comment:

• Tripp74
    replied
    Hey folks, final 2018 blog update... www.trippstr6.blogspot.com

Leave a comment:

• Tripp74
    replied
    Well, it's been awhile, but I finally updated my blog...www.trippstr6.blogspot.com

Leave a comment:

• HawaiiGuy
    replied
    when I go to click on the last few post on the blog address, NADA, when I scroll up to where it is different colored and has the www. in front of the address, success.

Leave a comment:

• oppositelocksmith
    replied
    Really enjoy your blog Trip.

Reminds me to update mine as well!!!

Leave a comment:

Tripp's Blog....available for your viewing pleasure !

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 38,857   Posts: 483,278   Members: 8,862   Active Members: 581
Welcome to our newest member, HrustalOl.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

Working...
X