Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tripp's Blog....available for your viewing pleasure !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, it's spring 2019 and a new blog has just been published...you may be surprised

www.trippstr6.blogspot.com
    Jim / NW Ohio
    "Tillie"... a '74 dressed like a '69 / CF14608U
    Blog: www.trippstr6.blogspot.com

Comment

• Very Nice Jim, I look forward to future updates!

Cheers,
      Tush
      81 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 81 Triumph TR8
      73 Triumph TR6 CF4874UO, 68 Triumph TR250 CD5228LO
      62 Triumph TR4 CT6716LO, 60 Triumph TR3A TS69891LO
      60 Triumph TR3A TS64870LO, 59 Triumph TR3A TS44836LO
      https://www.youtube.com/user/cheftush

Comment

• Looks great, Jim! I have perused that supplier's site a few times in the past. You are the first person on the site to really share their install that I know of. I just did my triple Zs and when asked why, my stock answer is "because I want 50% more needle valve problems." And while I am not going to change any time soon, this is an upgrade I may do in the future. Of course, I have questions. I always have questions.

1. HOw hard is to set up the jets and needles on the carbs? Were they close to correct when you took them out of the box?

2. Can you share the price of the kit and carbs? Nevermind, looked it up.

3. Why did you have to use the MGB choke cable? Doesn't the early TR6 choke cable that turns and locks work?

4. Do they have an accelerator pump that gives a kick when floored?

5. Do you have to use the RATCO linkage or can the stock linkage be modified?

1972 Sapphire TR6 #CC84,something

1959 Red TR3 (Wife's)

Comment

• Nice work, Jim. Always been intrigued with these Mikuni and other motorcycle car conversions. Let us know how you get on in future blogs!

Edit: Quite coincidentally, I came across this article this morning... Make sure your Mikunis don't leak, Jim!

http://www.mossmotoring.com/phoenix-rises/
          Last edited by A Brit in Bama; 06-06-2019, 04:37 PM.
          Keith, Huntsville AL, 1971 CC66559U
          10.0:1 CR gasflowed head | Weber DCOEs | CP "150hp" Cam | Distibutor by Advanced | Lightened flywheel | Phoenix SS Exhaust System | HVDA 5-Speed | Good Parts suspension and anti-roll bars | Goodparts Dual Master Cylinder | Konig Rewinds | Boyd 15 gal tank | Miata Seats and Mr Mikes covers | Carl Visser dash | Mohair hood | Gas-strut bonnet and boot lift kits

Comment

• Originally posted by skootch13 View Post
            Looks great, Jim! I have perused that supplier's site a few times in the past. You are the first person on the site to really share their install that I know of. I just did my triple Zs and when asked why, my stock answer is "because I want 50% more needle valve problems." And while I am not going to change any time soon, this is an upgrade I may do in the future. Of course, I have questions. I always have questions.

1. How hard is to set up the jets and needles on the carbs? Were they close to correct when you took them out of the box?
            Answer...John Parker set up the jetting based on my engine configuration and so far it seems very close to what the engine needs.

3. Why did you have to use the MGB choke cable? Doesn't the early TR6 choke cable that turns and locks work?
            Answer...I didn't know the early the TR6 cable turned and locked!

4. Do they have an accelerator pump that gives a kick when floored?
            Answer...yes there is an accelerator pump...I honestly have not noticed any "kick". But I've only driven about 100 miles with the Mikunis...more info to come.

Do you have to use the RATCO linkage or can the stock linkage be modified?
            Answer...I used the Ratco because it was what I used on the ZS setup...I believe the stock linkage can also be used.

See above for my answers
            Jim / NW Ohio

Comment

• Originally posted by A Brit in Bama View Post
              Nice work, Jim. Always been intrigued with these Mikuni and other motorcycle car conversions. Let us know how you get on in future blogs!

Edit: Quite coincidentally, I came across this article this morning... Make sure your Mikunis don't leak, Jim!

http://www.mossmotoring.com/phoenix-rises/
              Keith, thanks for the fire article. The Mikunis come with long vent drain hoses and John Parker advised me to be sure and route those hoses away form the exhaust header just in case !!
              Jim / NW Ohio

Comment

• Hi folks, I just updated my blog with a history lesson, a Mikuni Carb. update and a technical session!
                www.trippstr6.blogspot.com
                Jim / NW Ohio

Comment

• Thanks for the update Jim. Nice little write up on screwdrivers...as a Japanese motorcycle owner, I know of what you speak!

Cheers
                  Tush
                  81 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 81 Triumph TR8
                  73 Triumph TR6 CF4874UO, 68 Triumph TR250 CD5228LO
                  62 Triumph TR4 CT6716LO, 60 Triumph TR3A TS69891LO
                  60 Triumph TR3A TS64870LO, 59 Triumph TR3A TS44836LO
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/cheftush

Comment

• Thanks, Jim. And i will add the screwdrivers to my Santa want list.
                    1972 Sapphire TR6 #CC84,something

1959 Red TR3 (Wife's)

Comment

Tripp's Blog....available for your viewing pleasure !

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 38,728   Posts: 481,809   Members: 8,397   Active Members: 267
                    Welcome to our newest member, ajiupoconiiv.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

Working...
                    X