carburetor set identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carburetor set identification

When I bought myTR6 it came with a lot of parts from another car, including this carburetor set, and I thought the set was from the same car. But I came to realize that the manifold is for a four cylinder car and not a six.

Does anybody recognize this set of carburetors from the pictures I will provide? Are they from a TR4 or from some other car?

The carburetor numbers are Stromberg 175 CD-2 and there is a number on the manifold. 8841631ol

For some reason I was told to upload at least one photo. It has nothing to do with my question.
    Attached Files

Look at the intake manifold side flange, there is usually the model number of the carb stamped there unless it has been worn off. A good site for info;

The Worlds Sole Manufacturer of Genuine Zenith, Stromberg and Solex Carburettors and Spares.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1020507.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.37 MB ID:	551208
    Last edited by 46er; 01-08-2023, 06:00 PM.
    Ralph
    TR250 "Eileen"
    MGB "Merck"
    VW GTI

Comment

I picked up what looks like 3268E or 3268F. The 2 and the 8 are clear. The others less so. Turning the unit upside down I can see what looks like 5 or S10. But the onlY clear stamp is the zero.. I will take a look at your Zenith lead. Thank you.
      I plugged in the 3268F number to your Zenith carburetor site and got the information that they are carburetors for a Vauxhall Viva HB GT. Thank you again, Ralph.

f
      Last edited by muskox3437; 01-09-2023, 10:56 AM.

Comment

carburetor set identification

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 40,243   Posts: 496,115   Members: 57,012   Active Members: 142
    Welcome to our newest member, OnTheSpotHouston.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
    X