J'accuse, Bobby D!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J'accuse, Bobby D!

I had occasion recently to adjust the valves on PD (see previous post in re “nut size”). Assisting me was my brother-in-law, a man familiar with all things automotive (and electrical and various other things that I don’t understand and which don’t warrant mention here).

I opened the hood (for Keith: bonnet) and took a position on the starboard side, my brother-in-law to port (he’s retired Navy, so just go with it). We’d decided to remove the spark plugs to facilitate engine revolutioning as part of the mysterious valve adjustment procedure. He had removed plugs 1 through 4, plug #4 still in his hand.

Looking up, I noticed he was wearing some sort of sartorially questionable britches, perhaps throw-back denims from his Navy days, which had strange square pockets in the front, affixed quite liberally with rivets.

“STOP!,” I cried. “What the hell kind of pants are you wearing?” Followed by, “STEP AWAY FROM THE CAR!”

He looked at me quizzically (I get that a lot). “What?”

“You’ve got rivets all over your [insert expletive here] pants! You’ll scratch PD!”

I told him to wait a moment whilst I repaired to the trunk (for Keith: boot) and fetched my fetching fender blanket, replete with tool storage pockets (for Canadians: poche a outils), procured lo these many years ago from Bobby D.

Returning to the just-about-any-second-now scene of the crime, I unfolded the aforementioned fender garb what I mentioned afore and regaled my careless brother-in-law with its many fine attributes, not the least of which was the thoughtful inclusion of tool pockets. Then, I cavalierly tossed the blanket across the car in anticipation of securing it in its proper place.

It was at that point that my brother-in-law, stout fellow he may be, cried out like a little girl and ducked to avoid the incoming material. His questionable avoidance technique included tossing the #4 plug into the air as he fended off the soft and supple fender blanket with all the grace of a strip club bouncer running some miscreant toward the curb. We heard ole #4 hit the concrete and shatter like so many wine glasses tossed gracefully in nearby hearths.

I was forced, of course, to procure an entire set of new plugs (I mean, who would replace just one?).

So, it is clearly evident, Your Honor(s), that this entire escapade and the resulting cost of a set of plugs is directly attributable to a high-quality, well-manufactured, reasonably-priced fender blanket designed, manufactured, and foisted upon an unsuspecting public by Bobby D.

I rest my case.
    "PD" - 1973 Mallard TR6

I don't buy it.
    Driving a 1973 TR6
    Doing ZS carb repairs
    email kencorsaw"at"aol.com

Comment

I think he's nuts.
      Walt
      CC80954U '72 TR6 original condition/sold 16.500.
      poolboy rebuilt the Z-S Carbs. Philstr6 rebuilt both rear hubs.

Comment

clearly circumstantial....
        '74 TR6 CF13007U aka "Mr. T"
        Custom Blue (Delft-Like) and New Tan (Formerly Mallard and New Tan)
        Points, Ballast Bypassed, Bosch Blue Coil, Moss Cobalt Wires, Champion RN12YC plugs.
        Peaks and tweaks, but the spirit of Original
        Redlines always.
        My wife is the Driver, I'm just the Mechanic....

Comment

I've seen some widely accepted political narratives lately with flimsier reasoning, so I guess I'll buy it.

[Its a bipartisan comment, Guys. I'm not trying to start something.]

Ed
          For just a little more, you can do it yourself!

Comment

Is this an opportunity to sell even more fender blankets? Or boot covers? Maybe an interior kit..... I've got a nice black one boxed and ready to go...... :-)
            1975 Mimosa with a few upgrades/mods:
            Patton TBI
            HVDA Toyota 5 speed
            Goodparts Nissan Diff
            Goodparts CVJs
            AAW Wire Harness
            Miata Seats
            Boyd Welding Custom 15 gallon aluminum gas tank

Comment

Hearsay is not admissible in court.
              1972 Sapphire TR6 #CC84,something

1973 Harvest Yellow MGB V8

Comment

J'accuse, Bobby D!

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,342   Posts: 488,624   Members: 13,754   Active Members: 657
              Welcome to our newest member, Tacozabub.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X