This thread is an example of why 6-pack is better than that other forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thread is an example of why 6-pack is better than that other forum

This right here is why I spent most of my time on 6-pack, learning about my TR6. So many in depth, documented step by step threads like this one. The other forum didn't/doesn't match 6-Pack for the enthusiasm that this one does.

Threads like this are how I learned how to rebuild my engine, work on the carbs and all the other things.

There is a lot of activity on FAcebook in the 6-Pack group. But those posts aren't really searchable, aren't really chronological and get confusing real fast. If we want this club to thrive, it will take the effort exhibited by Wolf and others over the years to continue to build the TR6 "library".
    1972 Sapphire TR6 #CC84,something

1973 Harvest Yellow MGB V8

Is there supposed to be a link or am I missing something ?

cheers
    Tush
    81 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 81 Triumph TR8, 1973 Ford Capri
    73 Triumph TR6 CF4874UO, 68 Triumph TR250 CD5228LO
    62 Triumph TR4 CT6716LO, 60 Triumph TR3A TS69891LO
    60 Triumph TR3A TS64870LO, 59 Triumph TR3A TS44836LO
    https://www.youtube.com/user/cheftush

Comment

WHOOPS!!

This link

https://forums.6-pack.org/the-6-pack...ruction-a-to-z
      1972 Sapphire TR6 #CC84,something

1973 Harvest Yellow MGB V8

Comment

I couldn’t agree more. Every issue I have had with my TR has been solved by the invaluable help of this forum. I don’t do any social media, so this is really my only source of info for my TR. I haven’t always been very active due to life getting in the way but recently I have fallen in love with my TR all over again and will try to contribute to this forum whenever possible, provided I have something worthwhile to share. Thanks to all the members here who have contributed so much time on this forum.
        Wayne M.
        1974 Sapphire Blue
        Geoff Dupont 5-speed conversion

Comment

I believe there is a ton of knowledge stored up within the ranks of the membership and without this forum it would probably lost forever.
          1976 TR6 originally white now Porsche Voodoo Blue
          Frame off resto started May 2015
          Tshirts and TA boxes replaced
          Diff braced and reinforced
          Engine and head rebuilt
          Header and Intake ported
          SS exhaust
          Floors repaired, new metal at rear bumper mounting points
          New Rockers
          AAW wiring - GM alternator
          Complete suspension and brake rebuild, poly bushings

Comment

I agree. I dont do social media, and the other forum I am on is OK, but I find the thread replies are not thorough, and a lot of drive by commments wihout any coheshive set of replies toward solutions.

This forum is organized fairly well, replies are coheshive, and focused toward advice and solutions.

I became aware of a new TR6 owner, a brother in law of a neighbor. When they asked for advice and references, 6-pack was one of the first things/sites I listed (as well as the requisite parts suppliers and books to get)

Now starting to add BobbyD, Brosky, and Ed_h's sites to the looksee BTDT sites....(Thanks gents!)

(Maybe I should take a look at Tush's video library, I keep hearing about!)
            '74 TR6 CF13007U aka "Mr. T"
            Custom Blue (Delft-Like) and New Tan (Formerly Mallard and New Tan)
            Points, Ballast Bypassed, Bosch Blue Coil, Moss Cobalt Wires, Champion RN12YC plugs.
            Peaks and tweaks, but the spirit of Original
            Redlines always.
            My wife is the Driver, I'm just the Mechanic....

Comment

The UK TR Register is very good with many experts. They do have a strong focus toward the PI cars, though.
              Walt
              CC80954U '72 TR6 original condition/sold 16.500.
              poolboy rebuilt the Z-S Carbs. Philstr6 rebuilt both rear hubs.

Comment

I agree. I’ve been hanging out over “there” a bit since this site went down and now due to the low activity levels here. However, I agree with Aaron. There are a few “experts” over there that are more interested in arguing on who is right to nth degree than in helping posters with problems. A lot more technical impractical overkill for the sake of being right.

I joined there when I joined here but have been mostly absent there because I was here. Then all of a sudden there was no here so I went back there. Boy were they threatened when a “newbie” started helping and sometimes challenging the “experts”. They started attacking instead or welcoming.....guess I was trying to piss on somebody else’s hydrants, oh well, you know me. I just called them out and kept on going.. they kinda leave me alone now but the unconstructive pissing contests continue. If you spend anytime over there, you know what I’m talking about.
                72 Pimento w/overdrive

Comment

• SapphireBlue72
                  SapphireBlue72 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's exactly my experience over there, too, Lou. I don't need that kind of immature relations.
                  6-PACK members are friends.

• poolboy
                  poolboy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  https://www.triumphexp.com/forum/tr6-tech-forum.2/
                  I probably tend to share too much over there so I really shouldn't complain about it
                  And even though there is one person over there who routinely sniffs me out and takes a bite I still find it a pretty good place to go.
                  I'm sorry about what's happened here and I'm always checking it's pulse and adding what I can.

Ditto what Lou, the 2 Kens and others said, especially with regards to the other major TR site. It's very interesting in there, sometimes a bit hostile, you have to be on your guard most times, but all in all, worth a visit now and then.
                The 6-Pack is different, more relaxed and friendly....like Cheers, where everybody knows your name, you might say?
                I myself, have formed many lasting friendships via the Pack and have been very fortunate to have met a few of you in person. If only Trials was held closer to the West coast. Oh well.
                Further, running Jags, on a 4 to 1 bias, I sometimes frequent the other Coventry marque sites, which while helpful in most instances, can simply not compare with the expertise and friendly willingness to share knowledge, that this forum demonstrates. This is why I keep coming back, and always will.
                CF1634U+O Pimento/Chestnut
                2nd owner, since 1975
                Now in Fair Oaks, CA

Comment

This forum has the most respectful, considerate members of any forum I frequent. Members are always willing to offer advice no matter how simple a question may appear. It seems that on other forums I frequent, threads tend to devolve into snarky comments within a page or two and there is always the that person that has nothing constructive to add but is always ready to throw a wrench into the works.
                  Wayne M.
                  1974 Sapphire Blue
                  Geoff Dupont 5-speed conversion

Comment

I would have never started restoring my TR6 without knowing that I had this great group to back me up if/when I ran into issues.

Cheers,
                    Tush

Comment

Not only is this an incredible resource, it makes me think. My car and my skills have come a long way with 6-pack's help.

happy new year
                      Dave

Comment

Same here. We have a strong local Triumph club and a lot of helpful folks there, but reading (and watching videos) from members here have really helped boost my confidence in tackling new jobs on my own.
                        Bill Connell
                        1969 TR6 CC28790
                        TR6 project log
                        St. Paul MN

Comment

Originally posted by Tush View Post
                          I would have never started restoring my TR6 without knowing that I had this great group to back me up if/when I ran into issues.

Cheers,
                          Tush
                          and you were just nutty enough to come to ur first TRials without a TRiumph.

I believe Alan did too. Hershey PA I believe it was

So much rust, so little time

64 TR4 Overdrive Surrey
                          67 GT6 Mk1
                          68 TR250 Soon to have Overdrive & Surrey
                          71 TR6 Hardtop Soon to have OD
                          81 TR8 Injected Automatic...the LAST Automatic

Comment

Originally posted by tr250 View Post

and you were just nutty enough to come to ur first TRials without a TRiumph.

I believe Alan did too. Hershey PA I believe it was
                            Yes Sir! Hershey it was in my Hyundai Elantra 😉

Cheers,
                            Tush

Comment

This thread is an example of why 6-pack is better than that other forum

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,272   Posts: 488,014   Members: 13,083   Active Members: 614
                            Welcome to our newest member, oceviliy.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                            X