Fuel line routing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel line routing?

My question is about the routing of the metal fuel line that runs from the fuel pump, around the front of the motor to the carbs. In my '6 at least, the line runs through a bracket tucked in under the thermostat housing, and help in place by one of the water pump bolts. This puts the bracket perilously close to the fan belt - in fact, I noticed a few days ago that the bracket was actually rubbing against the belt - albeit gently, but leaving a clear "rub strip" on the belt and generating some amount of black dust. Is this the correct routing for the fuel line? It seems to me that essentially turning the bracket around would move the fuel line up and away from the belt. As the pic shows, the fuel line is pretty ratty, so I have a replacement en route. I want to nail down the proper routing before I bend the new line.
    Dave C
    '72 Sapphire #CC82360UO
    Chapel Hill NC

Hello Dave,
    I have seen so many versions, but I tend to believe this is the original routing, at least the attachment.
    I kept my fuel lines away from the engine by routing it at the backside of the battery, in order to avoid engineheat transferring into the fuellines.
    Jochem
    Flying Dutchman drives: TR6 - 1973 - 56/11 - CF1xxxxUO - J-OD - Kent 280° - EFI EMU Black - Phoenix - 205/60 on 7x16

Comment

That's sort of how it goes, Dave, but your clamp seems to be deformed and missing the rubber bushing.

R3
      Jim Herter,͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏Copperas Cove, TX
      Original Owner ֍ 1970 TR6 CC 50990 LO

Comment

Factory routing.
        Walt
        CC80954U '72 TR6 original condition/sold 16.500.
        poolboy rebuilt the Z-S Carbs. Philstr6 rebuilt both rear hubs.

Comment

Well spotted Jim - my original bracket is even rattier than than fuel line. What you see is my Mk I attempt at fabricating a replacement. A work in progress, clearly
          Dave C
          '72 Sapphire #CC82360UO
          Chapel Hill NC

Comment

Fuel line routing?

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,411   Posts: 489,282   Members: 14,548   Active Members: 616
          Welcome to our newest member, KazvosaBouth.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X