Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bent push rod

Greetings
    Tr6 burning oil so removed valve cover, rocker assembly, push rods. #1 rod is bent and was wondering what could cause this so I don't start chasing my tail. Would like to have a look at the cylinder before pulling the head. Can anyone recommend a borescope for iPhone 7

Thankyou

I should add that engine starts, runs fine. No knocking, pre-ignition, etc.

Comment

The engine is (or was) running fine with the bent pushrod ??
      What was the valve lash at that valve with the bent pushrod ?
      Driving a 1973 TR6
      Doing ZS carb repairs
      email kencorsaw"at"aol.com

Comment

Don't know the lash, can reassemble and check...bent rod was a surprise. Yes, the car was running fine with the bent rod. Maybe your carb rebuild was so good it masked the problem carbs are running great btw!!

Comment

The ebay "endoscopes" are fantastic. I've only looked at Android ones though. I imagine there are i-scopes too.

Comment

Don't know the lash, can reassemble and check...bent rod was a surprise. Yes, the car was running fine with the bent rod. Maybe your carb rebuild was so good it masked the problem carbs are running great btw!!
            I tell people that no matter how good their carbs come out, it's not going to compensate for ignition or mechanical problems....you saying that maybe I need to rethink things....
            Driving a 1973 TR6
            Doing ZS carb repairs
            email kencorsaw"at"aol.com

Comment

A stuck valve can bend a push rod, ask me how I know. Any sign of varnish? Maybe it got stuck and has since cleaned up. Can you move the valve by hand, well, with an appropriate lever anyway.
              The boroscope may prove interesting, but this engine does not interfere. The valve can be fully extended and will still clear the piston.
              The engine will run on 5 cylinders, maybe down a bit on power, but fairly smoothly. Heck, this engine will run on 3 cylinders. My point is the fact that it?s running doesn?t necessarily mean it?s running as well as it could be.
              ‘70 TR-6

Comment

bent push rod

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,412   Posts: 489,283   Members: 14,549   Active Members: 617
              Welcome to our newest member, Savelobsmarf.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X