Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, so run in oil should be changed.

Comment

I was thinking of changing it at the 500 mile re-torque and valve clearance adjustment. Should I change it sooner?
      3rd owner 1969 White/Blk TR6 Project Car with factory wire wheels and O/D. Owned since 2018

Comment

Never hurts. Especially if you were not able to perform the flat tappet/cam, run in procedure(initial startup speed kept above 1000, varying engine speed for 20 minutes). Modern engines do come from the factory with an initial break in service oil in the pan, Ford, Acura, and a few others. Up to you, but I would. Go with an oil that has additives in it for flat tappet engine.(I found Yamalube, for less than 4 bucks a quart, but that was a few years back, and it had all the additives in it).

Comment

So I should use an oil additive to help break-in the new tappets? I went to the Yamalube site and there are all different types.
          Thanks
          3rd owner 1969 White/Blk TR6 Project Car with factory wire wheels and O/D. Owned since 2018

Comment

I used the all purpose 10-40 for motorcycles, etc. I see on the site black container, 5.99 a bottle.(now) :whistle:

Comment

OK, thanks.

Comment

Lost comp. on cyl. #4

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,411   Posts: 489,282   Members: 14,549   Active Members: 617
              Welcome to our newest member, Savelobsmarf.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X