Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant/Heating Hoses

Hey!

I enioyed putting on my moss colored hoses..the little black ones on the heater box? Not so much...
    What were they thinking?!?
    Mark

Hey!

1596A3B5-1E67-49CD-BA64-266552DBF6A6.jpeg

8DD822CF-D6F3-4956-B721-9396BC8E3130.jpeg

I enioyed putting on my moss colored hoses..the little black ones on the heater box? Not so much...
    Mark
    Mark --- Where does that lower water hose go after splitting at the "T" at intake manifold?

Dick

Comment

Dick
      looks like he has weber carbs on his car,would be the cooling passage thru the manifold,is what im thinking
      Phil

Comment

Dick/Phil,
        Sorry for not getting back right away. Phil is right. I have Webers on the car and this goes to a metal tube that runs through the manifold. I just got the car in March. Its been a pleasure to do things. I am learning allot about these strange little creatures we own!
        Mark

Comment

Hey!

1596A3B5-1E67-49CD-BA64-266552DBF6A6.jpeg

8DD822CF-D6F3-4956-B721-9396BC8E3130.jpeg

Mark
          Probably that the car would be long gone before those hoses needed replacing....
          Driving a 1973 TR6
          Doing ZS carb repairs
          email kencorsaw"at"aol.com

Comment

Poolboy,
            These are the new ones in place. The old ones were cracked and I feared the worst!
            Mark

Comment

Yeah, I got that, Mark..
              I was just saying that 40 years was probably longer than anyone at TRIUMPH back in the 70's thought the TR6 would still be on the road, so they didn't give much thought to the ease of changing those 2 hoses...In other words the car would be scrap before the hoses wore out.
              Driving a 1973 TR6
              Doing ZS carb repairs

Comment

Oh Jeez! I got you now Pool! I believe your right about that one! I couldn't think of ANY reason but here it is!! This place is always amazing!
                Thank you for that insight. I think I will keep that in the back of my mind from now on!
                Mark

Comment

I'm probably stating the obvious but there are a lot of things (just about everything) on the car that weren't supposed to last 40 years....shocks, rear axle hubs, Michelin redline tires, hydraulic components....ZS carb diaphragms, etc, etc..
                  Driving a 1973 TR6
                  Doing ZS carb repairs

Comment

But then let's count all of the things that did make it over 40 years on a mass produced, reasonably priced car made between tea breaks and strikes. Amazing...
                    72 Pimento w/overdrive - Lilred
                    67 4A Royal Blue - Lilblue

Comment

Pool and TR4..It is amazing that there are survivors with many original intact parts! If they only knew what these cars would become!

Comment

Coolant/Heating Hoses

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,411   Posts: 489,282   Members: 14,548   Active Members: 616
                      Welcome to our newest member, KazvosaBouth.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X