Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evans waterless coolant

Hi guys,
    For those of you running this coolant, have you experienced any concerns or problems? My system will be completely dry and if I’m to make the switch, now is the time to do it. It is pricey (but lifetime) and there are some negative videos on youtube (i know, i know…) so before i splash out for it i thought I’d check here for TR folks opinions.
    thanks in advance. btw! I have searched and read up on it here, I’m just hoping for further confirmation…
    c74

Yes, I use it, and no problems. Main thing is to ensure that you follow all directions and purge all water from the system...sounds like you already have.

It's expensive, but,
    • It can be reused
    • Far less likely to leak, as the system does not build pressure like conventional water-based coolant.
    • Since the coolant is not an electrolyte, it hinders corrosion.
    When I drained the Evans from the car when I removed the engine, it had been in there about a year, and it came out looking almost exactly as it did when it went in - no discoloration or rusty brown sediment.

My engine is going back in shortly, and I will be (re)using the Evans again for sure.
    Keith, Huntsville AL, 1971 TR6
    10.0:1 CR gasflowed head | Weber DCOEs | CP "150hp" Cam | Good Parts Ram-Air induction | Distibutor by Advanced | Lightened flywheel | Phoenix SS Exhaust System | HVDA 5-Speed | Good Parts R200B Diff and CV axles | Good Parts suspension and anti-roll bars | Willwood Calipers and Vented Rotors | Good Parts Dual Brake Master Cylinder | Konig Rewinds | Boyd 15 gal tank | Miata Seats and Mr Mikes covers | Carl Visser dash | Mohair hood | Gas-strut bonnet and boot lift kits

Comment

I used it on the race track in a Formula Ford, but only because it allowed me to use radiators with much smaller surface areas. I cannot really see much advantage in using it in a street car…my 6 with AC and a new aluminum radiator does not have any overheating problems. And if you do have an Evans leak while out on the road, you are SOL.
      SR
      73 TR6. HT/AC/OD
      86 930
      91 535i

Comment

Evans waterless coolant

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 40,033   Posts: 494,460   Members: 56,913   Active Members: 138
      Welcome to our newest member, julian30.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

• Sep 10
        01:00 AM | The annual British Car Day in Cincinnati is September 11th.

Live music, food, and beer trucks

Two new classes added, British...
      • No more items.
      Working...
      X